Chapter Five: Isabella

My room is the one place in the house, or more accurately, the country, in which I truly feel comfortable. It feels so much like the room I shared with my sisters back home - one of the few memories that had not been tarnished for me was the time I spent listening to music and gossiping with Gianna e Rosa. I'd wanted to recreate the space that had made me so happy in my past life. The dark pink walls, the ceiling dripping with flowing sunset-toned drapery and mountains of pillows. What I hadn't realised is that our brightly coloured clutter wasn't what made our bedroom so special - it was each other.

I almost missed the quiet knock as it was drowned by the sound of my music, but Alik's voice calling through the door made me leap from where I had buried myself in blankets.

I open it to see an unzipped garment bag and him. His eyes waver and try to divert themselves from the sight of me in my pyjamas, despite the large t-shirt covering more than enough to be deemed appropriate. Alik is a respectful and pious man. My situation could have been far worse.

"Isabella- uh, we have a dinner tonight with an associate of mine," he muttered in his faultless English. I'm almost jealous of that - him being able to pass for a native while I still struggled with the letter 'h', but considering his billionaire upbringing and the dozens of tutors he'd had at his disposal since before he could even walk was vastly different to my early education, I try not to compare.

"I will get ready," I said and with a curt nod, he headed back down the hallway to his own room.

***

I've been to this house before, a few times actually, just never quite in this situation.

To my left is Alik. Opposite me is Mr and Mrs Walton. And next to them is their son; angular cheekbones, buzzed hair, plump lips... 

And he couldn't stop staring at the intricate, vintage platinum band studded with diamonds on my left ring finger. Not that I could blame him - after all, last time I was here he had me bent naked over his desk.

"Will you excuse me, I need to use the bathroom," I spoke louder than I intended into the sound of forks clanging on plates.

"Oh I'll show you the way. Wouldn't want you to get lost," he smiled brightly and I thanked him with narrowed eyes.

We walked in silence until we were out of earshot. I almost thought I would get away with not having to discuss the elephant in the room.

"So, Bella," I could feel his large hand grip my waist and the way he said my name reminded me of... things. "When were you planning on mentioning that you're married, hm?" I looked into those icy blue eyes that had me falling into his bed so easily and winced at that word. It just didn't fit - I, a seventeen-year-old school girl, am married.

He lightly pressed me against the wall next to us, cocooning me in his thick arms and broad chest. He is so attractive, but now he knows my secret he's a liability. It would be far harder to play the quietly sexy sixth-former if the whole world were to know that not only am I married, but I also am having an affair.

"I wasn't... it's complicated-" I couldn't even bring myself to look into those eyes anymore.

He kissed his teeth and gently raised my left hand to inspect it. "This ring doesn't seem very complicated." Those thick lips brushed over my hand and I stopped breathing.

"Please," his lips found my jaw and crept down to my neck. "Please Dan. Don't tell. I don't want people to know."

"And why's that, Bella?" One of his hands was still gripping my waist, the other was climbing up under my dress. I heard a whimper and realised with embarrassment that it was my own. The sound of Mr Walton's rumbling laughter carried down the hall and made me jump. "Mmm, Bella, relax. I can help you. Remember what I did last time you needed to... relax?"

Memories of ruffled sheets and hot kisses all over my body make me blush. I wonder what Alik would think if he knew that his pure wife had been fucked by a man that wasn't her husband. It has been made clear that our marriage is all but a sham, but despite that he's a strict Muslim and presumably my behaviour is considered haram. Not that I'm really an expert on the matter.

"We should get back," I pull away from Dan's grasp and slip back towards the dining table, where he can no longer question my marriage, or make me squirm with his touch.

"We're not done talking, Bella."

The whole journey home is filled with a thick silence - it's not unusual for us not to talk, but this is different. Usually, he would open the door to our car, guide me gently; even if it is just for show, it's become a pleasant routine that's made our situation a little less uncomfortable. But today, nothing. He let the chauffeur open the door, he didn't help me  into the car and once seated himself, he kept his eyes glued to the window.

"Did you know that boy, Isabella?"

I could have sighed with relief with the break from the silence, but the question echoed in my head. What could I say to that? 'We go to school together and occasionally he fucks me until I scream his name.

"'e goes to my school."

"Ah, I am sorry. I know it was your wish to keep our... arrangement a secret," I couldn't meet his gaze. It's hard not to resent him for taking my future, but to his credit he is kind enough.

"It's okay," I keep my eyes locked on my lap. "I don't think he will tell."

We pull up outside the house. Alik's spine straightened and he hastily climbed out of the car, his focus no longer on me. To my surprise, as I followed him down the path I hear him speaking in my language. I was confused until I saw the figure shrouded in the shadows of the porch.

"Dante? Per-"

"E il momento di tornare a casa, Bella."

It's time to come home, Bella.