Chapter 14: Home

"What's that building for?" I pointed to the tall building ahead of us.

"That's stangle. That place mainly deals with unemployment."

"What about that one?" I pointed to the next one.

"Central Tower. They just finished building that. I'm not sure what they do yet. If you want to go somewhere that you know I can take you if you want."

We were walking on the sidewalk going... well, I don't know. Just somewhere.

"No. I'm fine with this." Wait didn't he say he wanted to see his parents. "Let's go see your parents. You wanted to see them right?"

"I do but we can do what you want first"

"Let's go. I don't have anything I want to do in my new life. If you want to see your parents lead the way." And plus I need something to do.

"No I can do that anytime we should do what you want."

I'm getting sick of this. "Look, I said we ca--" I spotted a familiar building to my right as we argued.

"What is it?" He turned around and looked at the building.

Faith school for girls. That was my elementary/middle school name. That school was hell to me. I thought it would have burned down by now. Guess not.

"Did you go there?"

"Yes"

"Do you want to look around?"

I didn't look away from the school. "No," I think he was saying something I'm not sure. All I can hear right now is screaming. It's getting louder and louder. Like it was right in my ear-torturing me.

"Are you alright?" He placed his hand on my back.

"Yeah," I shook my head. "Just remembered something." I did my best fake smile at him. "Lead the way."

I need to calm down. As we walked down the street I look up and saw the sun. It's still as bright as I remembered. The air is so clean too. I took a deep breath to take it all in. I had this feeling that someone was looking at me.

I looked to my left and saw Andrew smiling at me. "What?"

"I like--" he shook his head and looked away from me.

"Spit it out." I punched him in his arm.

"Your smile" he was rubbing his arm.

"What about it?"

"I like it"

Why is he always saying stupid shit like that? I looked forward so I wouldn't make eye contact with him. We went down this street called Bell Lane.

He pointed to the corner, "I would play soccer right over here with my friends all the time..... you would have been good friends with my friend John."

"I don't think I would," If they are all like him then it won't work out.

"Were here," He pointed to this small house.

It was red and white with a fence going around the house. The yard was small and there was a for sale sign out in the middle of it. It looked like there was another out on the window.

"Are you fuckin--," he jumped over the fence and ran to the front door. I slowly opened the door to the gate and watched him freak out.

He flipped the mat that was next to the door and yelled shit. The looked in the mailbox than slammed it shut. He put his hand on the top of the door to feel for something. He then kicked the door. I guess he didn't find what he was looking for.