|17|

"WHAT!!!"

"WHAT!!!"

Huh, guess I was too slow because someone else did before I could, now my turn....

"WHATT!!!"

°°°

"Brisingr" I said for the 24th time, this time with all the strength left in me, letting anger flow in me as written I the book.

"Finally, she did it" Carmen said, in a frustrated tone. Well, I guess everyone was tired and frustrated.

Wait! I did it? I made it catch fire? Ah, finally!

I opened my eyes, I had closed it in order to focus, as I saw the burning couch. Wow!

"Hallelujah!"

"What? I bet your first time was even worse, Seb" I glared at him.

"Whatever" He rolled his eyes.

"Huh? So you admit yours was worse" I said and tittered, touching a part of my lips with my finger. He ran his hand through his hair before he answered "It wasn't....."

"Hey, don't you lie, Seb, to me it felt like a decade, before you could get your first spell right" Carm interrupted, making me laugh even harder. "Seriously, you didn't have to expose me, especially not to her" Seb shot his sister a 'you shouldn't have done this' look.

"Hehehe, someone please stop me from laughing, I feel I'm going to die soon" I heard Nil chuckle beside me.

"It isn't even funny"

"Yeah, it is, eye candy"

"Cheese Ball"

"You guys are too adorable for my liking, sis be careful" Nil winks as came in between me and Seb.

"Since when did you start calling me sis, great, I've got a protective brother plus Emerson that makes them two? " I rolled my eyes.

"I love that kid!" Both Nil and Zai said together. They love Emerson... oh dear. I faced palmed.

Ava cleared her throat, making us stop talking "I'm still here, children, if you haven't noticed!" She said in a playful-serious and authoritative tone that caused us all to budge.

"Sorry, " I said, then I started to feel my breathing slowing down, why does it feel like something is burning? The cough! I forgot to put off the fire.

"What the..." With a snap of my fingers, I quickly quenched the fire and set everything back to normal. "At least that didn't take years or we would have all turned to barbeques"

"Yeah, whatever"

"Niles, your turn and please don't take as many years Cora took"

"It wasn't even that long, just two hours, you guys make it sound like it's been years"

"Sure, watch me, Sis, " To my surprise, he did it just once. My jaw dropped, like almost to the ground.

"Jesus Sis, close your mouth before the flies begin to enter" I closed my mouth, then opened it in defiance "Erm, you just got lucky, you should go first for the next one, I'm sure you've learnt how I did mine, then you copied"

Niles chuckled before he said, "I see why he calls you 'cheeseball', " I could feel my hot cheeks and I coughed so it wouldn't show.

"Alright, next spell, and would you kids stop the distraction, you've only learnt one spell, Niles, put off that fire, now!" Ava said.

"Sorry, err.... I kinda forgot the spell for that one"

"Ha-ha" I laughed and covered it with a cough when I felt Ava eye on me, she can be scary sometimes, then I put off the fire.

"The next spell is to raise someone or something, let's go with someone, like this, 'reisa Carmen' " Carmen was off the ground in a few seconds. All this felt like film tricks to me as I remembered Harry Potter.

"Niles, you go first, remember, your mind should be clear, you shouldn't think about anything at all"

"Okay" Nil said and his eyes turned to me.

"Oh no, no, no, no! Not me......." He still said the words 'reisa Cora' as I felt my body lift off from the ground. I'm afraid of heights for Pet's sake. "Put me down, I'm going to kill you when I get down Nil, please put me down" I said in horror, with my eyes closed. I dared not to open my eyes, I didn't even want to know how many feet I was from the ground.

"Erm, how do I put her down" Niles said. I swallowed my saliva. "You are kidding, right?, put me down right now or you are so dead, Niles"

"I don't know how to" He shrugged.

What did I just hear?