Carnie Love

This is the tale of Bartley one of the carnies of an old Irish circus and his pursuit of love.
The carnival was back in Galway but everyone knew to stay clear of the freak show. A place worse than any ghetto in the city, up goes a dirt stained tent littered with holes and tears. The place reeked of booze and smoke, and you're sure to find an old syringe laying around in the dirt if you wanted.
Bartley was stumbling between stalls with an empty bottle of whiskey. He looks to a fight breaking out with low eyes and keeps stumbling forward. He begins thinking of a girl he saw at the fair last time he was in Galway. He had fallen in love with just one glance of her. For years poor Bartley couldn't get the thought of her out of his head. Who could blame him with the seductive way she drank from that old whiskey bottle. With her blonde hair blowing in the wind and the way she wore those baggy clothes, it was sure to drive any carnie mad. Although Bartley couldn't work up the courage to talk to her on that day. So he then swore to himself that he would talk to her if he ever saw her again.
Lost in thought he had managed to stumble right into the dunk tank. The gaunt sitting behind the glass let out a snarl and told him to fuck off then continued to take a swig of his bottle. Bartley looked back with an emotionless daze and continued stumbling through the fair.
It was the second day since they set up and the fiddler finally woke up from his comatosed state just in time to see Bartley walk into another stall and let out a roaring laugh. Bartley looks over with a nasty stare. The fiddler looks back, takes a swig from his bottle, and begins to play with a smug grin. He never took his eyes off of Bartley. As Bartley walked farther away it seemed as if the fiddler would play louder.
The noise of the fiddle threw him into a drunken rage as Bartley began kicking in the side of a stall. In a failed attempt he ended up falling on his face. He passed out and started to dream of the girl again.
Bartley was always on the road and had not enjoyed the company of a woman in years. It was probably because of his loneliness that he failed to notice the problems with this girl. Kicked out by the age of 12 she's been sleeping in alleys and begging for change in the market. Drinking and drugs became a lifestyle for the kid, yet she managed to survive all these years by herself. She loved when the carnival came around though because she could always get free drink off of the carnies. It was always a good time for her. Something Bartley never knew.
Bartley had been woken up by a crow pecking at his hat. He yelled "Fuck off yuh bastard" while trying to swat at it. The crow flew away and Bartley slowly regained consciousness as he looked up he saw the blonde girl. Still dressed in her baggy clothes and drinking from another bottle. Bartley knew he had to talk to her. He jumped up to go to her and hurled everywhere instead. He couldn't have cared less though, he saw the girl he loved, so he wipes his sleeve across his face and makes his way over to her. He begins to feel faint as he staggers across the fair, but as Bartley went to yell to the girl he had lost his words and ended up grunting instead. She turns around to see Bartley laying on the ground.
"Ew!! Fuck off yuh bum!" She says in a high pitch voice
she steps over him and continues on walking through the carnival like nothing had ever happened.
Poor Bartley