Chapter 7

(Michael's POV)

School was finally over and it had been almost a full day since Rae and I had our night together. As I opened my locker, I thought seriously about what happened last night; hell, I have been thinking about it the whole damn day. We haven't spoken much since. Frankly, I was worried. Even though I told her to do the right thing, I somehow knew she wouldn't do it. She couldn't. How could I expect her to? There was only one thing I could. Help Rachel in her time of need. To make sure she doesn't harm herself. In the end, it would be her decision to break up with Aaron, not mine. God I feel helpless. The girl of my dreams being treated like dirt by a douche bag. I stuffed my books into my backpack and slammed the locker shut.

That's when I heard loud rustling noises echoing the halls. Pounding noises on the metal lockers. I went to go check it out, see what's going on. As I slowly peeped my head around the corner, I saw Aaron was terrorizing him by his collar. "Give me your fucking wallet, turd."

Rachel was there, trying to stop Aaron from harming the poor kid "Aaron stop! Now!"

"It's in my pocket! Just take it!" screamed the little guy.

I saw him give a sickening smile to the poor bastard. He grabbed the wallet from the guy's pocket and slapped the glasses off of him. That poor kid didn't deserve any of it. Aaron then tossed him onto the floor and counted the change inside his newly acquired wallet. "Thanks for the wallet, dipshit!"

Rachel was appalled by her boyfriend's actions, so she snatched the wallet out of his hands. "You aren't going to take his wallet, Aaron"

"Rae-Rae, give it back!" He forcefully grabbed her hand, trying to pull the wallet away from her, and when he finally lost his patience with Rachel, I lost my temper. He cocked his hand back to slap her, and when he was about to release, I darted over there as fast as I could. I grabbed his arm that was about to strike her, and with my other arm, I shoved my elbow into his neck and pulled him down, kneeing him in the gut. I then threw him to the floor face down, kicking him as he tried to get up. I was so consumed by rage, I had no idea what I was doing, but the instant gratification of kicking his ass felt great. After what seemed like the fifth time I kicked him, he flipped over. I mounted him, pinning his arms to the ground. I grabbed him by his collar and cocked my right hand back. I punched him in his face as hard as I can. Once... twice... three times... that time I heard a crunch as I had dislodged his nose.

"Karma's a bitch, isn't it" I thought as I remembered what he had did to Rachel's nose.

Aaron was bleeding profusely from the nose and after about the fifth time, once again, Rachel grabbed my arm as I was about to strike again. "MICHAEL! STOP!" I looked at her, who was frightened by my wrath. I cooled down, my anger slowly dissipating. I quickly pulled away from her grasp, staring back at the bloody victim that lay underneath me. As I stood back up, I looked back at Rachel, who never took her eyes off of me. I don't remember the look I gave her, but it wasn't a sorrowful one. I grabbed the poor guy's wallet and handed it back to him. He was sitting on the ground, staring at his broken glasses. The poor guy didn't deserve any of this.

Later that night, as I was doing my homework, I received a series of texts from Rachel. I wasn't sure if I wanted to respond, but I decided against it. I picked up my cell and began to text her back.

Rachel: Why did you do that?

Michael: Because he deserved it.

Rachel: No he didn't. He didn't do anything to deserve that savage beating from you.

Michael: Are you really gonna sit there and take his side? He was about to hit you. You should be thankful because I stopped that.

Rachel: Don't try to make this about me! You asked me what I wanted last night? Well here is what I want. There is a part of me that still has faith in Aaron, and I felt like I was about to accomplish that. What I didn't want is for you to beat him to a bloody pulp. That's exactly the opposite of what I wanted.