Chapter One

I woke up to the obnoxious sound of my alarm clock ringing through my room at 6 a.m. Finally, Summer is here! It's my last day in that shit hole for three months. 

I got up and changed into a tie dye crop top and highwasted shorts, and paired that with my favorite pair of vans. Yep, I dress like a typical white girl.

I ate my breakfast and said good bye to my mom once my friend Aaron was waiting outside. ''Wait, Alaska, come home straight after school, I have some news.'' my mom said while quickly kissing my cheek as I left to go to school. I nodded and rushed out the door, not waiting to keep Aaron waiting too long.

''Hey Aaron! You excited for the summer?'' I said while greeting my bestfriend with a hug. ''Yes! Obviously, I get to spend more time with my little buddy'' he says while poking my nose. I swatted away his hand and playfully pushed him. 

Just so you're not confused, Aaron is my bestfriend since the start of highschool. We sat together on the first day and have been friends ever since. He lives a few houses down from me so I get to see him everyday. 

We spent the short walk to our school talking about the summer and things that we should do during the summer. Just thinking about it made me so excited to finally be done with school for a few months. 

Once we reached the school we went our seperate ways to our lockers. The rest of the day was normal. We had a half day because it was the last day of school so the day was over before I knew it.

I walked in my front door and placed my backpack in the hallway. My house is quite large, considering its just my mom and I living there, but its still perfect. My mom decorated it beautifully with cute chic docor since she works as an interior designer. 

''Mom, I'm home!'' I stated loudly while making my way to the kitchen. She replied with ''I'm in the kitchen sweetie!'' so I greeted her with a hug as i found her by the fridge getting stuff to make a sandwich. My mom and I have always been very close. She looks just like me with her curly auburn hair and green eyes. ''What was it you had to talk to me about?'' I asked while taking a bite out of an apple. ''Oh yes! I almost forgot! You know the way I was telling you that Mrs. Espinosa is going on a business trip across the country for the summer? Well it turns out that her husband is going also so she didn't want to drag Matthew across the country with her for the whole summer so we have decided that he could stay with us!'' she said excitedly. My jaw dropped. I began to panic and tried thinking of excuses as to why he cannot stay but it was no use. 

''When is he coming?'' I muttered. ''He should be here any minute now!'' she exclamed. Great. Just great. I'm stuck with that big douch for the summer! Here's me thinking the summer was going to be the best, then mom drops that bombshell. Brilliant.

The doorbell rang and I quickly turned to mom. ''Dont expect me to get along with him mom!'' I said while running up the stairs to my room.

I jumped on my bed and sighed in frustration. Why couldn't she of told me like last week when i could have prepared myself to for this and planned to be shiped to Australia so I don't have to face him. Ugh.

I heared muffled talking from downstairs. My mom was talking to a guy. I knew that voice. It belonged to Matthew. My blood started to boil at the sound of his voice. I haven't heard him speak in years. His voice has gotten much deeper and less babyish. My mind suddenly flashed back to when we were bestfriends.

'''Matt wait up!'' i shouted while running after him. We were racing to the swings in our local park. We were 10 years old. 

''Hurry up Ally! Last one there has to push the other person on the swing!''  matthew said excitedly. He won of course. He always did. '''matty this isn't fair, you're much faster than me, i never get a go at being pushed!'' I said in an upset voice.

''Fine, I'll push you Ally'' He said. We stayed playing on the swings for about an hour. He stayed pushing me as he promised. We laughed and had so much fun in eachothers company. I used to love when he called me 'ally' and i would call him 'matty'. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door. I only then noticed that I had tears in my eyes from thinking back to Matthew and I's memories. ''Come in!'' I said as my mom walked in the door.

''Matthew is here, I want you to come down and say hi, I know you two haven't spoken in years but atleast come down and say hi for me..''  my mom said with worry in her eyes. ''It's okay mom, i'll do it'' i said with a fake smile. But on the inside I was pissed at Matt for ending our friendship and also scared. Scared because I haven't properly seen him in years. 

I walked down the stairs with my mom, my hands shaking. 

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, standing in the kitchen talking were Matthew and his mom. ''Here's Alaska now!'' my mom said a little too excitedly.

Both matthew and his mom turned around quickly as my mom finished speaking.

As he turned around my breathing hitched in my throat and my palms went sweaty. 

he began to speak..''Oh, Hey Alaska..'' 

* * * * 

Okay so that was chapter One! I really hope you enjoyed! I would really appreciate it if you would share this with other people and comment below what you thought.

Follow me on twitter @mattespinoscunt 

or Instagram @zayumyounashty (:

chapter two coming very soon! Thank you so much for reading <3