The beginning of the end

A/N
Hey guys! This is my first fanfiction but hopefully it'll be ok! I just wanna clear up any possible confusion by letting you all know that I'm going to start it at the end of season 2 (the craziest cliffhanger) so without further ado!

(John)
I sighed into the darkness. Why was this so hard? I decided that this couldn't wait. I'd already been holding this in for as long as I could remember. I realized that I couldn't do this anymore.

I sighed again, this time even longer than the last. I quickly steeled my nerves before walking into the graveyard, maybe for the last time.

As I looked over to the side, I realized that my guest had arrived... I stared into the face of Irene Adler. She looked at me with her piercing green eyes and I saw that she hadn't changed. She was still the domanatrix that she always was.

I had thought that maybe she would have been a bit kinder to me, as we had been meeting up here for a few months now.

"Hey there" I said quietly, hoping she wouldn't kill me.

"What do you need?" She practically spat at me. "I am a busy woman, after all."

I inhaled deeply before collecting my thoughts again.

"You know what I need" I replied quickly, eager to get what I came for. "I need it now" I looked hungrily at the bag she was carrying, and then back up at her. She looked at me knowingly before saying

"I know this has been rough for you John, but I think you should stop doing this to yourself. It's not what he would want."

"I know it isn't, but it's bot like I have much of a choice, now do I?" I decided to use this as my opportunity to hold out my hands for the bag. She sighed but eventually handed it to me.

"This is the last time I'll do this for you, I only owe you this much." I nodded my head vigorously to show that I understood, and she slowly turned, and walked away.

"Finally" I whispered into the air around me. I knew it was bad for me, but I had decided I didn't care anymore. Life just wasn't the same without... "NO" I told my self for about the hundredth time "I can't think about... him. His curly hair, bright blue eyes, especially his sharp cheekbones." Even though I knew I shouldn't, I couldn't help it. He was my best friend and if I thought about it, maybe even more... "NO" I thought again. "It's not normal to think like that." Even if I did, it was never going to happen. How could it? The man who was always on my mind, my best friend in the world was dead. I shuddered, and not from the cold. I couldn't bear to think about it for more than a minute or two a day. Any more, and I needed something to help me forget...

With that thought, I was back to the present. I had what I came for, so I began to walk out. Little did I know, but someone very familiar was watching me through the trees. When I heard a sigh, I quickly looked back, but after a few seconds of careful observation, turned back around and walked to the place I always visited. My friend's final resting place.