Making The Team

My life is over. This was the moment I had been dreaming of and I wasn't "ready" I needed a little more "shaping and molding". How was I going to tell my mom? Tell my family? I couldn't let them down! You know be their wonky disappointment . My big brother just got a full scholarship to Mizzou to play football,my little brother just made team Rameys basketball team , and my little sister who is only nine is one of the top rated cheerleaders at her gym and I'm just a failure! How could I have made my school team the last three years and not have made the aces! This is beyond devastating ! How was I suppose to prove that I'm more than an "average " player and I'm more than "Proficient" in my studies! I know I can be awesome in Volleyball! I know I can do more than what my parents expect me to I know I can show the world! I just need to put in more effort than I do now and that is starting with making my school team! Tryouts are coming up and this is no Jennings league! I was the star their but will I be the star here? From what I have heard this is the best of the best in our whole school district and I need to be apart of this team! I can really learn something from all of these girls . I hope! If I want to make a career out of volleyball I need to start right here at home! College doesn't pay for itself! So I'm going to match right into that gym and welcome myself to the panthers! In the beginning of tryouts I distinguished the people who knew their stuff from the people who needed jesus! Then I quickly got aquatinted with one of the girls who was on the team last year. I used to sit at the lunch table with her before I moved.

"Hey Anita is it?"

"Yeah?"

" Do you wanna warm up with me?"

"Sure I guess ."

We were bumping the ball back and fourth and back and fourth and back and fourth . Which got us some acknowledgements from the coaches which is what I wanted."

"Then from their we went into some three on three play and hope partnered me with this pretty white girl who wasn't skinny but wasn't fat she was super nice and might I say she looked like this wasn't her first rodeo! Then hear was this girl. I mean she looked Indian and white and black in all the same mix! When She served the ball I would have hated to be on the other side of the net! Here came the first play. I couldn't mess this up! All eyes were on this side of the net and if I wanted to make the big leagues I had to stop by the minors! The serve came straight to me in which I yelled at the top of my lungs I got it! Which recieved a look from the whole entire gym! Now that everybody and their momma knew that this was my ball all I had to do was bump it high enough so that the pretty white girl could set it up to that mixed volleyball goddess. Boom! The pass was good . A sigh of relief slid through my mind. I quickly rekindled myself and set up for a block. I got beat to it by that pretty white girl but she missed the block and it came flying down. It was so far away from me that I had to dive to save it. I reached my arms out as far as they went and by the grace if god my arm hit the ball up high enough to get tipped over the net by that pretty Indian queen. Right before I slid out of bounds. I as the play came to an end I tried to gather myself up as quickly as I could but then heard a rumble of claps coming from everywhere around the gym. Then One of the coaches yelled " Makayla ! Janet ! Help her up!"

They ran toward a we slapping my back, butt ,and hands. "That was a hell of a good save." Makayla said before seeing me off. While changing in the locker room I got a good amount of praise. Then on my way out one of the coaches stopes me and asked for my name. " It's Taylor. Taylor Sims" I will make them remember my name!