Chapter One

(Just a note, this is based off of 'The Watcher' text chat story, and slightly off of this video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqojl17HgSI       Also, sorry if there are random names in this, I'm also using this for creative writing in school, so I have to change the name just for the fanfic.)        

                                                  Some people say that the old Dupain-Cheng house is haunted, but no-one believes them. I do- I see them, night after night, their tall figure towering over me. They flood my dreams, making the night a ghastly time for me. From dusk to dawn, they're never more than five feet away from me. The ones that come differ in appearance, but one thing is always the same about them- they are always eight feet tall. I never told you what they were, did I? Well, they're the creatures of the forest- The Watchers.

It wasn't always like this. In fact, I didn't believe in ghosts until then. After that day, it all changed. Nothing would ever be the same. It all started the day I moved in.The house looked beautiful on the outside. It was painted a mix of blue and gray, with navy blue shutters. It had square windows, and looked like it was thousands of years old. I entered the house with my parents and looked around.The living room was within view from the entrance, so I wandered over. When I saw it, I gasped. " It's beautiful." I breathed. The room was bare except for a few cobwebs in the corner of every room. Dust layered the floor, making everything gray and dull. "Wow," my dad observed, "It's dusty, but still pretty nice." " I wouldn't change a thing." My mother stated. I moved to the next room, the kitchen. Light was flooding in through the windows by the sink. There was a blue and white marble counter, going along the wall. There was a door on the side that most likely lead out to the backyard. I skipped to the door and swung it open. The yard was nice, but not perfect. The woods surrounded the backyard, pine trees and bushes blocking off any entrances there might have been before. The grass in the yard was untamed and long. If I held it straight up, It would be taller than me. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something moving. I couldn't see it directly; I could only see a tall, dark figure. That's all it took for me to run inside. I slammed the door, locking it behind me. What just happened?