📚 1

the library was empty, except for me and the jocks getting tutored in order to stay on the team. they always teased me, in a friendly matter of course, about being in the library so much. they tell me that i might as well move into the library. i know usually the nerd gets bullied by the jocks but they are really nice to me. sometimes, when they are having trouble in one of their classes, they come to me for help. i think it's great that they care about their education and not just sports.

there's this one jock that i'm not familiar with, he's a soccer player. he always looks at me, making me feel insecure. i look at him too sometimes. he has a great smile, and he's spectacular at soccer. whenever he catches me looking at him, he smiles and gets flustered. i get confused because i had thought he was single but he has been hanging out with a girl lately. jisoo. i don't know her but i already don't like her.

only, i don't know his name. i believe it starts with j.

i sigh once i finish my book. it was paper towns by john green. everyone was hyping it up but it overall wasn't that good. the fact that margo just stayed there after q drove all the way there. total bitch if you ask me.

i pulled out my phone and looked for a new book to read. books by young authors appeal to me the most so when i found a list of books by young authors i squealed.

"jackson man c'mon we're in a library, some people are trying to read." mark said.

i shook my head because mark then went onto his phone. focusing my attention on the list of books, i came across one that seemed interesting. the sun is also a star by nicola yoon.

i went up the librarian who is weirdly fond of me.

"hi ms.kim , i was wondering if you had the sun is also a star by nicola yoon?" i showed her a picture of the front cover.

"ah yes it came in 2 days ago. let me check if it's available right now." she clicked away on her computer. "hmm seemed like someone has checked it out."

"could you tell me who?" desperate times call for desperate measures. i want that book.

"um someone by the name of park jinyoung."

park jinyoung? who could that be?

-

416 words? damn i'm proud of my self. at least i tried ⭐️