《 chapter o n e 》

The sounds of machines wiring, people's footsteps, and a harsh bright glare on Myra's eyelid made her wake up

Slowly, as her eyelid opened, wincing from the bright white light on the ceiling, she sees herself in a hospital room.

Her clothes were replaced by a tissue paper gown. Wires were connected to her forearm and her head was wrapped around in a bandage. Looking around, she notices a clock reading 7:30 a.m.

What am I doing here?

She looked around the white place and notices a nurse coming through the door.

The nurse looks at her for a second. "Oh you're awake! Here, let me call the doctor in", the nurse exclaimed and rushed out the door.

Myra was still confused as though why would she be in a hospital. She tried to rememeber what she happened, but a seering pain comes to her head. Streching was a bad idea because it felt like her muscles were going to rip apart. While trying to remember about how she got into this predicament, the doctor walked through the door.

Dr. Hayen, his name tag read. It was the typical white lab coat, stethoscope around his neck, and glasses, that gave it away.

"Hello Wonderland, how are you feeling right now?" Mr Hayen asked gently.

"Like a baby", she deadpanned. Wonderland? The fuck did this old man call me?

"Ha ha, nice humor" Mr Hayens laughed at her sarcasm. "Ok let me do some checking and let your family in to see you."

Family? She thought that her dad was suppose to be at work right now.

They went through the usual procedure of breathing tests, x-rays, and talking about feeling pain anywhere. He said he already talked to her parents about the medications to ease the pain.

When the doctor said parents, she got confused for a second. But then realised that the doctor thought Grandma Denise was her mother. Doesn't she look old to be my mother?

After it was all done, Mr Hayen's said bye and told one of the nurses to let the family know they can come in.

Expecting to see her dad, Grandma Denise, and Julian come in, she meets a beautiful, fairy tale family. A women with long blonde hair with a model body came in with tears around her eyes while holding a napkin, next to her was a tall man who looked to be around his late thirties but could be those sugar daddies the girls at her school are crushing for, carrying a little girl. The little girl was an absolute princess. Soft waves of blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, an innocent face. She looked so mature from just looking at Myra.

"Alice!" The little girl yelled. "You're awake!"

She jumped from her dad's arms and ran towards her. Hoping on the bed and hugging her tight.