Chapter 23: Get Well Soon.

January 17th, 2018.

Carri walked into their room with a bowl of cereal and a glass of milk.

"I made you some breakfast," Carrie smiled, "With love."

Harrison gave her a small smile. "Thank you, Carebear." He said. "You're welcome. I talked to Roy last night after you went to sleep and he said that Grayson Allen was the one who tripped you." She said and he gasped.

"You're lying."

"Nope."

"God, I should've known. There's no way I could've just tripped over nothing." He said and Carrie sat down next to him on the bed.

"I'm sorry, Harry. The doctor said that you're going to be out the rest of the season." She said and he looked at her with a blank expression.

"No way."

"Harry, I-"

"I'm out the rest of the season?!"

Carrie sighed and put her hand on his shoulder but he shrugged it off.

"Harrison, stop! It's not my fault!" She yelled and he frowned. "I'm out the rest of the season, Carrie!" He yelled back and she shook her head. "I don't know what to tell you! I didn't do this! I didn't trip you! So stop blaming me!" She yelled.

"I'm not blaming you..." he whispered and she rolled her eyes. "You're getting upset with me for no reason. You know I don't like being yelled at. So, I yelled back." She said and he took her hand.

"I'm sorry, princess. Will you forgive me?"

Carrie smiled and kissed his cheek, "Yes, I can."

•••

Carrie was playing with Ally in the living room when she heard Harrison call her. "Care bear! I need you!" When she heard that, she jumped up from the floor and ran to their bedroom.

"I'm here." She said and he looked up at her. "Can you please get me some medicine? My foot is killing me." He said and Carrie frowned.

"Yeah, I'll be right back."

When Carrie left the room, Ally jumped on the bed and laid next to Harrison.

"Hey girl," he said while petting her then Carrie came back in the room.

"Aw! Ally's taking care of you?" She asked Harrison with a small smile and he nodded. "Yes, she is." He said as Carrie handed him the medication and a glass of water. He took the pills with no problem and set the glass of water on the night stand.

"Thanks, sweetheart." He said and she nodded. "You're welcome," she said, "What do you want for dinner?"

"Could you go out and get some Chinese?" He asked and she nodded. "Yeah, of course. But I'm not sure if I want to leave you here." She said.

"I've got my crutches. If I really need anything, I can get up and get it."

"Wonder if you fall?

"Then I'll lay on the floor like a wimp until you get home."

Carrie laughed, "Harrison..."

"Seriously though, I'll be fine." He said and she giggled.

"Ok, Harry."

•••

After eating Chinese, Carrie went to bed for the night.

"Carrie, I'm freezing. Can you turn on the heat?" He asked and she got up, walking into the hallway to turn on the heat.

"And can I get a glass of water too?"

She walked downstairs to get him a glass of water. She was halfway up the stairs when, "Carrie?"

She sighed, "Yes, Harry?"

"Can you bring me a pack of crackers?"

She rolled her eyes and walked back downstairs. Finally, she reached their bedroom before being called again.

"Anything else I can get you?" She asked in an irritated tone.

"No, sorry..."

She frowned. "No, I'm sorry... I guess I'm just tired, it's been a long 24 hours." She said and he nodded in agreement. "I know... goodnight, Care Bear, I love you." He said.

She smiled, "I love you too."

\\I'm starting a Carrison one shot book. 😁😁 It'll be out later today or tomorrow, so be on the look out.

Love, Kendall 💖