Chapter 1

Like every morning in the orphanage aka my own personal hell, it was as hectic as a mall on Black Friday. Others kids screaming and frantically looking for pieces of clothing to not be late for school. The kid's too young for school good bliss their hearts are sleeping in until their heart's content or Wilma the owner of the orphanage wakes them up.

Though me I spent the beginning of my morning getting dressed in a cream color sweater, dark blue jeans that are ripped at the knee, a gray beanie to keep my cat ears concealed, and some old black sneakers. Then I'm off to get my breakfast and began my journey to the next hellhole that occupied my days.

As I was walking to school I proceeded to give myself a mental pep talk even though I knew the words that I was saying were not true. Even if I told myself I was going to have a good day that no one was going to bully me. It wasn't going to be true I would have an awful day due to teachers that want me to answer questions and children that didn't know how to not give hate.

I've always been curious about how my fellow peers could be such barbarians with their words and actions. I wonder as to what happened to all those people who used to be my friends. How did such innocence turn into such evil?

Or was it me?

Did I do something? Could it be due to me acting differently than others? Could it be the way that I look? Is it that once we reached middle school they acknowledged me being an orphan? Did they see what my parents saw and decided to leave me in the dust as they did?

Or is it just my insecurities that always pick at my mind that I'm recognizing?

All I am certain of at this exact moment is that when I finally reach the school gates my shoulders feel heavy with my thoughts. As I watch my fellow prisoners walk around within the gates my fear proceeds to creep up on me. Though I push myself to continue the walk to this prison. I count my footsteps as a sad attempt to relinquish myself from the chains that are my thoughts. I begin.

One. Two. Three.

My mind goes blank, all I can think of are the numbers.

Four. Five. Six.

The fear on my shoulders gets heavier.

Seven. Eight. Nine.

I'm nowhere near the door. I see them pointing, whispering, and laughing at me.

Ten. Eleven. Twelve.

I bow my head and shrink into myself as an attempt to hide. From those who have become bold enough to scream insults at me.

Thirteen. Fourteen. Fifteen.

Other than that I'm fine, so just breathe.

Eighty-seven.

I'm right at the door.

Eighty-eight.

I walk in. My hell begins.

I continue with my walk. Hoping that this undeniable weight on my shoulders doesn't shatter me. That by some miracle I arrive at my homeroom without being seen or ridiculed. That by some miracle I had been covered in Harry Potter's invisibility cloak without realization to the fact but I had always been tragically unlucky this day was sadly no different. As soon as I was about to round the corner to my homeroom I had to be seen. I scarcely acquire attention anywhere the I grace with my presence nevertheless if I achieve awareness of others it had to be a monster's.

Just like Lewis Martin. My own personal monster that would await me under my bed or in my closest to always obtain the perfect moment to strike me down. To make dread in my heart increase rapidly by the day. Lewis torment to me got so dreadful that practically every moment he was around I could sense him. Goosebumps would break out on my arms along with the hair on my arms standing on end. Yet the worse element to all of this was that his horrid behave was now thought to be cool and approved by the student body. Everyone loved to pick on me due to Lewis Martin being able to do it with no repercussions. This to me was worse then Lewis being able to find me no matter my location nevertheless my homeroom was no secret to him if he had a craving to sprout fear in my heart early in the morning he would. He's been known to wait for me today just happened to be one of those days.

As I walked by he tripped be so both my books and I would go flying allowing for all those peering eyes to see. So they could get a good laugh out of my humiliation and pain.

"Oh, look its Nala our towns own orphan Annie. The only difference is that no one ever in a million years will adopt her" he boomed throughout the whole hallway.

Kids busted out laughing yet somehow no teaches came to inspect what event took place to get a whole hallway to laugh like this was the best joke of the year. I speculate that teachers here turned a blind eye to any bullying that happened in this school. That they just didn't care or they don't want their precious time dealing with these monsters. Furthermore, it wasn't as though I tried to do anything at all to gain a backbone when it came to these encounters. I just allowed it to happen while I watched the floor slowing picking up all the items I dropped.

"Aw Nala, you're breaking my heart you hardly talk to me anymore. I thought we had a nice thing going you know. I tell you the truth straight to your face and you try to come back with something to say while making weird ass noises" he boasted.

His friend group snickered as well as a minority of people who didn't go back to whatever they were doing before they had of a good laugh at my expense. I had finally managed to collect all but one of my items off the floor as soon as I laid my hand on my binder Lewis smashed my hand with his foot. Which cause his girlfriend my former friend Kathleen Murphy to break out laughing due to see the tears building in my eyes. When my tears were about to fall out of my eyes is when the warning bell had rung a had Lewis easy up slowly on the pressure he was putting on my hand. He looked down at me with a scowl on his face which to me screamed "this isn't over" though I also knew better than to think this would ever be over Lewis was monster that never rested until he destroyed his victim. Thankfully Lewis would not be late to any classes to keep his "golden boy" image meaning that he and his gang of assholes started to leave in a huddle to make homeroom. However, Kathleen had something to say to me as she always did it seemed to me that they enjoyed taking turns talking down to me or causing me pain.

"We are going to have so much fun today just you, the girls, and me. You won't miss it will you?" she mentioned while a malicious smile played on her face.

Though she wasn't looking for an answer she never did this was a demand that I would follow no matter how she had to get the job done. She too began to leave since she had to keep up her image as well yet she couldn't help but give my hand another smash before she left. I looked at my hand to notice it was bloodshot red and that it caused extreme discomfort to move my fingers. I still pushed through that pain to pick up my last book to make it to homeroom. Today was going to be a long day just as all the others.