Prologue

Life being popular isn't as nice as you think.

Sure, you are recognised, and everybody knows you. You are probably thinking of all the things you could do if you were popular, like tell others what to do, and be obeyed. You imagine people parting in the crowd to make way for you. Everyone invites you to parties and you never miss out on the fun. You get all the hot boys, and you can choose your friends, being so popular.

What's not to like?

The answer is, EVERYTHING. It may not seem so, but in my life, things are different.

My name is Stephanie Starr, I am 17 years old, and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I go to River Valley High School, and I am the most popular girl in the school. The school is only named River Valley because it is right next to a river, in a valley. Kinda obvious right?

Anyway, I have two best friends - Jade and Emily - and all three of us makes the popular girls. Me being the leader of course. Though we are a small group, we are part of a bigger group - known as 'The Populars'. This consists of five popular mini-groups, making one big popular group.

A popular life doesn't seem so hard to live, unless you are Jade, Emily, or myself. We were actually 'nerds' as they call them, but somehow got promoted to a popular group. We still work hard at our studies, and achieve good grades, however, being popular makes it all the more harder.

You'll understand my life better if you continue reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NONE OF THIS STORY IS REAL, AND IF ANYTHING I WRITE HAPPENS TO HAVE HAPPENED IN REAL-LIFE, IT WAS A COINCIDENCE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, this is my first story, so I would like it if you read it. I am publishing it quite early, since I only have a prologue, but I am excited to share my first story. To anyone who is reading this book, please be patient with me and wait for chapters, because it is difficult for me to update. Please stick with this book, and wait until I update, before deciding that it is boring. Thankyou!