ANNIE and ME

My name is Teacup, and no I don't look like a tea cup, it's just a name very lonely little girl came up with for me. I just look like a normal person, because that's what little Annie wanted, what she needed. Just a normal person, but a damned good friend.

I came to Annie when she was five years old. Her and her mum had just moved house in a new town, a completely new place. Her parents had just gotten a divorce. And on top of all this she didn't like her new school. Then mum met Jeff. Jeff didn't like Annie, so never came over, but mum went to his house and Annie was left with a babysitter, they all just watched telly though and Annie was left in her room.

All Annie wanted was a friend. So I came. We talked for hours. We became best friends. Suddenly Annie wasn't just a lonely little girl anymore. We had lots of fun, we played games told stories and had many laughs. It's been a long time since that rainy Saturday afternoon that I came to a sad little girl, in need of a friend.

Since then mum has had her broken more than one too many times by Jeff. Mum and Annie have moved again. Annie likes her new school and she has lots of friends.

She doesn't need me anymore. So I'm fading away. That's alright though, people change. They grow up. And when they do, a time comes when they don't need their imaginary friends anymore.

I'm fading away now. It has been a pleasure and an honour to be your friend Annie. I'll always be in your heart, if you need me, I hope you don't. But I'll be there if you do.

Good night my friend.
See you in the next life....