One

Halloween was a time where one could hide within themselves; a time where one could become someone else for just one day

For Eloise, it was the only day she could get away with the horrendous pranks she came up with.

"I'm going to make you pee in your pants today, mark my words," Eloise Waters said to Logan, her lips curling up into a triumphant smirk.

"Dream on, Waters," he shot back, narrowing his ivy-green eyes.

"Well, then, it's time to make my dream a reality, then." She smiled at Logan, winking subtly in his direction. "Sleep tight, Logan. While you can."

Eloise figured that Logan was ever insecure about the fact that-even though it happened every Halloween-he could never decipher the ingenious nature of her pranks. He was always caught in the snare and thrown into the embarrassing light.

She, on the other hand, became more vicious as each prank passed by. She was determined to outdo her previous tricks by a good measure, and she would do anything to make that happen.

Even if it meant making the already sour Logan hate her even more, she was determined to make it happen. She was the punch and he was the punching bag. The strength she applied determined the intensity of his pain.

She wasn't planning to go easy on him. She despised every inch of his face, and she was insistent on seeing him fall.

•°•°•

Eloise was seated in front of the mirror, admiring the disguise-power of her outfit. She was dressed in complete black, from head to toe. She had tied a cloth around her eyes with tiny holes cut out to see through, and a jet-black hat which covered most of her hair.

It looked utterly ridiculous, but Eloise was beyond the stage of giving a damn.

Logan was going to be fooled, and he was going to be fooled hard. He might even pee his pants, for good measure, like she vowed to make him do.

She thought of the time in middle school when she'd stood at the top of the class with a ninety-nine percent, and Logan had stood at ninety-five. He'd been furious, and he worked doubly hard just to bring his grades above hers.

She'd always been one step ahead of him, and Eloise thought that was what Logan resented about her the most.

She stood up, brushing off the excess glitter from her pants before waltzing towards the door. The glitter to her cheeks was an extra touch, to celebrate the exceptionally good mood she was in. That did not happen often.

Sneaking out of her house in the dead of the night was comparatively easy. Her parents were snoring in their bedroom and her brother was fast asleep on the couch, a book lying on his face.

Letting out a small chuckle at the sight of his disheveled figure, she tiptoed across the room and reached out to open the front door.

That was when she felt that she'd missed something important.