Chapter 2

‘Good things come to those who wait.’ This is what I’ve been holding on for the past week of observing Julia silently. And after a week of waiting for a right opportunity, she was laid out in front of me the least I expected it.

I was trying to hide my smirk as I sit in our sofa, right across Julia. Pag swine-swerte ka nga naman, I said in my thoughts. Who wouldn’t be amused na after a week of looking through my window and imagining her, ngayon e makakaharap ko sya.

Andito sila ngayon ni Father Joseph sa bahay. Apparently, Father Joseph is asking a favour na pag-stay-in si Julia sa bahay naming for the meantime. Father Joseph has a 3 months convention na kelangan attendan, plus he will be away for another 3 months for his voluntary works, and he cannot leave Julia without a proper guardian. Pwede naman sya mag-stay sa bahay ampunan na hina-handle ni Father Joseph pero they are currently lacking of staff to handle the matters in the charity. Saka ayaw naman ni Father Joseph to bother Julia’s studies lalo na at start na sya sa college.

Things are really falling into my favour, lalo na nung malaman ko na parehas kami ng university na papasukan and same course and same year. Even though I’m one year older than her parehas kami, kasi nga I was a transferee, so most of my units taken sa previous uni ko e di na-count.

I was studying her carefully while my parents are Father Joseph are settling the formalities para maging legal guardian sila Mama for the 6 months na mawawala si Father Joeseph. She’s has this gentle aura surrounding her. Ang aliwalas ng mukha nya… sobrang ganda nya. Ngayon ko lang natitigan ng mabuti yung mukha nya. Ang haba ng pilikmata nya… ang kinis ng balat nya… ang puti, sobra. Ang pupula ng mga labi nya… parang ang lambot.

P*ta… I feel like I’m getting turned-on just by looking at her. She glanced at me, the fifth time she did  today, and I smirked sensing her uneasiness. I know that she is getting uneasy with the way I’m staring at her. I can see her blushing and she licked her lips unconsciously. It took a lot of effort from me to control myself from jumping right then and there towards her and claim and taste that lithe tongue of hers.

“Marami talagang salamat sa pagpayag na dito muna sa inyo tumira si Julia…” Sabi ni Father Joseph. I mentally thanked the distraction since I’m so close in reaching my limit. Usually, I’ve have a lot of self-control pero kakaiba ang effect ng babaeng ito sa akin. Maybe because I knew that she is too innocent for her own good and I couldn’t wait to claim that innocence.

“Okay lang yun. It is the least we can do… you know… after…” My mother said hesitantly. I know that she is pertaining about the accident that I’ve caused 11 years ago.

“No… it is okay. That’s been too long.” Father Joseph cut off. I know that I should be the one saying sorry pero I was only freaking 6 years old at that time so bahala sila… hindi ako hihingi ng tawad.

“Still… I want to say sorry. Lalo na sa’yo Julia.” My mom said.