Chapter 1

Hello so excited to get the story started. I give birthday shoutouts. So here's the first one. I would like to wish my older brother Shayne a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Enjoy the first chapter of Just Being You!

Just Being You: Chapter 1,

I look out the window and think of what I could be doing better right now in Kentucky. Probably practicing for a volleyball game with my friends. I have to give up my volleyball season for some beach in North Carolina. You would think that would be great but not me. I hate the beach. Yes, volleyball is a beach sport but we play it inside.

I look at my mom and she smiles at me but I just shake my head at her. "Mom, I do not understand why I have to go stay with Bryan and his new family. He just shoved us in the dirt. Left you for a younger women. He also left me and Hayley. Shouldn't I have the choice of whether I to be with him for the entire summer. My spot on the volleyball team is going to be taken and than I'm goi to start where I did freshman year. I'll be of my game next year. If you live me you would let me go back home with you. I'm sixteen years old almost seventeen. I think I can make my own choices" I tell my mom.

I want my usual summer of volleyball games, ice cream, and reading books all day. I can get ice cream in North Carolina but it wouldn't be the same without my friends. I can read. I can do that all summer in my room. But the one thing I love to do all summer I can't do because Bryan wants me and Hayley to come down and stay with him, his pregnant wife, and his kids. Kill me now!

" Yes you are sixteen and you can make some choices but Hanna Bo Banna, this is one choice you can't make. He's your father." Did she really just call me Hanna Bo Banna. I haven't been called that since I was six years old. Ten years ago! "You need to get along with him and you need to also forgive him."

"Mom sending a check every month doesn't make him a father." I tell her. She doesn't respond to my answer. She just looks straight ahead with both hands on the wheel.

I look over my shoulder and see that Hayley is listening to music, so she didn't hear our conversation. Hayley and I are really close. Well, we are identical twins and we so almost everything together. But, we're different in some ways also. The only way you could tell us apart when we were little was I have hazel eyes and she had brown eyes.

Later in the years she died her hair brown. We're both natural blondes. I didn't dye my hair, but it is a few inches shorter.

We both like reading and most of the same foods, except for me I can't have nuts because I'm allergic.

How we are different is I like sports and she's more of a girly-girl. She's into boys and superstars and I don't like boys or superstars. I like volleyball, basketball,and softball. Hayley is a cheerleader and she cheers during my basketball games.

Hayley is more excited about getting to go to the beach than I ever will. As soon as she found out she was planning the trip. She even wanted to pack my bags so that we could leave sooner. She's part of the reason why we are going to Bryan's on May 25. She was rushing me the entire day yesterday. I would rather die than spend a day at Bryan's house.

We still have a 2 hour drive so I decide to take a nap. It's hard at first with Hayley singing but I start to dose off, than soon finding sleep.

***********************************

I am awaken from my peaceful nap by Hayley's scream. She keeps screaming and I think she might have busted my eardrums. She starts shaking me vigorously and saying, "Hanna, look at the beach! Is it not beautiful? And to think we get to stay here all summer. I don't think I will want to leave. What do you think?"

"Hayley I wish you would stop shaking me and I'm not so excited about the beach idea." Actually I'm not excited about any of it. I think the beach is over rated.

We pass the sign that says Sea Coast Beach. Hayley screams again and starts to shake me again. "Hayley stop your screaming. I know you're excited but please stop honey," my mom says.

She takes her hands off my shoulders and slams back against her seat. I look back and put a grin in my face. She just sticks her tongue out.

I face the front of the car and close my eyes. I feel Hayley kicking the back of my seat, so I turn around and look at her.

She points out the window. I face forward and I see what she is so excited about. Three boys are walking down the sidewalk. They only have swinging trunks on. I hate boys who think that are so hot that the don't even have to wear a shirt.

They must be on a basketball team because one of them are throwing a basketball in the air and catching it, bouncing it in between his legs, and doing some other crazy stuff.

I have my window rolled down and I look out it. Just as we pass the boys. The boy with the basketball looks over and sees me.

He smiles and turns away. I just rolled my window back up. I didn't smile or wave. He's probably rich and doesn't care about anything.

My mom pulls up to my Bryan's summer house and as we pull in him, his new wife Veronica, and his three other children Adam, Faith, and Addison.

This summer is just going to be great. Ha! I make myself laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked it. Sorry it took me so long. Hopefully second chapter in a week.

*COMMENT

*VOTE

*READING LIST

Any spelling or grammar mistakes sorry for them I'm writing this story on my phone. If you see one comment and I will edit. I wanted to get the chapter up as fast as possible.

Love ya <3 Summer!

© 2014 Summer Turner All rights reserved