chapter 5

Nolan is so stressed, homework isn't working out for him, and he misses Gabe. Even the stupid leaves that are littering the ground bother him.

The leaves just crowd around his feet like a halo, an air of protection, perhaps he should feel hopeful, brightened even but then he remembers Gabe who had always tried to protect him. Nolan's mother had insisted that he needed " fresh air" as she so delicately put it.

The sky was dreary and uneventful, and nobody but Nolan was outside being exposed to the harsh wind, well almost nobody, the only other person outside was a suspicious character that was clad in a black hoodie and blue jeans. Whoever the person was they seemed to be in quite a hurry in the direction of a warehouse that seemed abandoned . Perhaps the biting cold was reason for the brisk walking.

So Nolan being the trouble seeker he is obviously followed the person, hoping that they weren't supernatural. Though the fact that the person had no clue that Nolan was following them obviously meant that they weren't supernatural.... right?

The stranger opens the door wide enough for Nolan to slip in undetected right behind them.

The voice that speaks when They enter is earily farmiliar and he suddenly wants to go back outside into the skin nipping cold.

" Well look who's finally back." The person greets but Nolan's view is blocked by the person clad in the back hoodie. The next sentence that is spoken makes Nolan's eyes widen and a lump appear in his throat, and he swallows hard.

Nolan hears the leather couch shifts under the mans weight and Nolan suddenly feels more frightened than he ever has, more frightened then when he had found out about supernatural creatures, more frightened then when he'd become a hunter because Gabe had asked him to. " We seem to have a uninvited guest here with us."

The flick, which can only be responsible got a Tv coming on alerts Nolan that this must be some sort of makeshift house.

" Right now?" The boy questions " Who is it?" Nolan knows this may sound crazy but he swears he knows exactly who's voice that is but he wouldn't dare utter the name.

" Well it's none other than, your boyfriend" the man on the couch says before laughing.

The other boys brows furrow in confusion and for a second he is stumped. " But I don't have a-"

Nolan wonders what the hoodie clad boy will say but he definitely can't see facial expressions.

Nolan tilts his head in confusion as of who they are referring to, and he looked behind him to make sure that he's the only other person in the room. He quickly figures out it's him their referring to considering there is nobody else, but he is definitely confused about the boyfriend portion of the conversation. Nolan didn'tand had never had a boyfreind, the only person that he had told about about his sexuality was gabe and the only person that he had ever even thought of being with was 'Gabe-'

This couldn't he him though, Nolan had seen Gabe die with his own 2 eyes.

" You didn't do anything to him." The boy looks around frantically. " Calm down," The man says flicking through the channels. " Listen out for his heartbeat."

The hooded figure shakes his head. " But i can't-"

" Try!" The man on the couch commands.

Nolan isn't surprised when a minute later the boy walks towards him.

" Nolan get out of here now!" He commands but there was only one person who had ever commanded him softly, only one person that knew he had struggled with people yelling at him since he was bullied when he was a child.