King

I stand besides my mother as Thor walks from the other side of the room standing tall with a big smile. It is the day that my brother becomes King of Asgard. Everyone is ready for this transition from Odin to Thor, but I cant help to feel a ping of jealousy for I would would have been Queen if I was more respected within Odin's Court. Thor is one for sweet talking and big actions when me and Loki are quieter and smarter than the favorite son. Thor always had Odin's attention when he gave all his time into training to be a strong warrior then a smart one. I once was the only who both trained in the art of sorcery and battle. Then came Thor who Odin trained himself while I was trained by Heimdall and mother. I look to Loki to see how he feeling of our brother who walks to Odin with pride. I am surprised to find him looking back at me with a small smile and sorry eyes. I try to look at him in a reassuring way to let him know that I am alright as the head of training instead of Queen. Loki and I have been close for as long as I can remember. I may not be Odin's or mothers favorite, but I am his as he is mine. I look up to watch Thor kneel in front of Odin and wink at mother and look back to Odin who looks back in pride. I know I will never be loved by Odin the way Thor is and I am okay with that. Thor is now going through the inauguration and yelling "I swear" after everything Odin says, then it is time. Odin breaths deep and says "I Odin Alfather proclaim you-"