#365 fears - harrystyles

Fear of the Dark - Harry:

You always had an irrational fear of the dark, ever since your older brother, Your/Brother's/Name, had told you that story. It had been around midnight, when he'd whispered the dark tale to you, one of monsters, and killers hiding in your wardrobe.

You'd been only five years old, but that tale followed you for the rest of your life.

And so, when the lights in your apartment suddenly turned off, it was only a natural reaction for you to start panicking.

Your heart rate picked up, and you trembled as you sat on your leather couch. You brought your knees up to your chest, and started rocking back and forth, whispering to yourself as you attempted to convince your mind that everything was okay, that you'd be fine. You shut your eyes, trying to block out the bad thoughts, but doing this just seemed to make more of them creep in.

A sudden knock on the door pulled you out from this tangle of thoughts, and your eyes snapped open, sending the dark things away, but only for a moment.

Your mind told you that the story had come true, that a killer was at the front door of the flat you shared with your boyfriend.

You stood up, and you could feel your hands shaking as you reached for the brass doorknob, turning it slowly, holding your breath as you pulled the door open, awaiting the moment you would come face-to-face with death...

"Y/N?"

His voice rang out through the silence of the flat, not the voice of an intruder, the voice of your boyfriend.

"Harry!" You yelled, thankful that he was here, his presence shooing away all the bad thoughts and images swirling through your mind. You ran into his arms, sobbing as you explained to him what had happened.

He held you, and sat with you in the living room until the power came back on.