Managing problems positively

1. Don't underestimate
Don't underestimate the problem or your potential to cope with it creatively! Many problems are never resolved or manage effectively because they are not taken seriously enough. Have you ever been guilty of one of these thoughts?
" I'm not too fat. I don't have to worry about losing weight yet."
I'm not getting A's or B's, but I'm passing."
"I haven't been exercising as much as I should, but I will be OK"
Such thinking is dangerous!! We must avoid the temptation to underestimate the seriousness of problems that on the surface may appear slight. We have to work on our problems with positive attitude.

2. Don't wait

There is a time and place for patience after you have tried every avenue possible and have planted as many seeds of solutions as you can. Patience is not a virtue if you sit back and wait for your problems to solve itself.
If you are unemployed, don't expect the phone to ring or a letter to miraculously show up in your mailbox with job offers. My point is that merely waiting for it to happen could be the worst thing to do and it also waste your time. Right now, understand that you are personally responsible for managing your problems. Don't expect anybody else to do it for you.