Hate Me Or Love Me

It all started when I was 12 years of age when my mom died. I was devastated and heartbroken. My mom said she would never leave me, she said she would never leave us, but I know for a fact that one day she was not going to be there anymore. And today was that day. My mom Annabelle left my father when I was 12 years old and it devastated me. She said he was a bad man and she wanted to get away. My father blamed me, he said I was the reason my mother left him. When my mom took off she went with my older brother Hakeem, she said she didn’t want me because I reminded her of my father so much it made her sick. Quote::I can’t believe I brought something into this world as hideous as you. Unquote. I broke. I cried for days on end, not because I missed my mom. I cried because I missed my brother,  I cried because of the things my father made me do all the things that he let happen to me, I cried because of the man my father had become. He was mean, ruthless, dangerous, unforgiving, he had so much hatred toward me he can’t stand to look at me, and when he does he does in disgust. And I HATE it. I wondered where is the loving and kind man that taught me how to ride a bike, the man that would read me bed time stories and tuck me into bed at night, the man I trusted, the man I could tell anything to, the man who loved me more than anything or anyone in the world. That man was replaced by the man that hated my guts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------