duo

His frantic breathing and loud thumping heart overlapped with one another, dismissing all the left sanity in him. He couldn't believe what he saw nor what he felt in a matter of seconds. His clammy hand tightened the grip on the doorknob while his other hand kept on tousling his hair, trying to wake himself up from what seemed to be a short-lived dream.

Namjoon wake up-- she's so beautiful-- you don't even know her!--

With his inner conscience battling with him now ,he realized he wasn't able to catch the girl's name. Shit will i be able to see her again?

Of course, if fate is nice enough but in his current sick bed he ain't going anywhere now. He just coudn't help but think of that woman to the extent he got sick and had to call his friend to nurse him. Yoongi came by with porridge and medicine for the sick boy who stood up with the blanket wrapped around him. He spared not a minute and with little voice left, proceeded to tell his experience. With much exaggeration, his friend Yoongi scoffed disbelieving his friend's story. It's impossible to fall in love with someone you just met. He's convinced Namjoon has become so addicted to romantic--erotic-- dramas that he incorporated reality with fantasy. But with hoarse voice and burning temperature the younger boy defended what he felt is too much for 'just a crush'.

"Hyung, I swear. I never felt this way even with my past girlfriends."

Yoongi shoved a spoonful of porridge to Namjoon's mouth.

"Like, uhm...wait..." he tucked his hand inside his shirt and began moving his hand up and down from his chest, demonstrating his heart's pace.

"I literally heard my own heartbeat! and-and i saw my chest going up and down in crazy speed!"

Yoongi chortled and grabbed the water prepared before-hand and offered it to his lovesick friend. He just stared right back with an amused and pitying expression.

"Is this what you felt with Han--"

With the familiar surname he hushed Namjoon with a glare. Her name is the last thing he wants to hear.

"I'm positive I'd see her again!" Namjoon said in between coughing and pushed the pill down his throat when the older requested to. He doubt this crazy feelings would heal away with his fever. With the hope of seeing 'his girl' after today, he went to deep slumber while Yoongi prepares to take his exit.

"Crazy kid." he said to himself.

***

Lee Yeorum was famished by the all-nighter she put hersef into. It's 2AM, the sun is far from peeking and it's unhealthy to have a cup of ramen but she wont risk her survival rate for the state of being healthy, will she? She stood up from her former seated position to go to her fridge while clutching on her stomach, confused if the pain is brought by this week of the month, exhaustion or boredom. After stumbling upon few boxes she haven't arranged from the move, she managed to get her purse and went out to grab some food.

The eerie feels crept up to her petite physiques and it made all the hair stand up. She couldn't help but feel followed but she figured nothing's more important than hunger so she brushed it off. The friction of her shoes with the asphalt and the murmurs of the wind are the only sounds she could hear so she sped her pace when she saw the light from the convenient store.

Convenient it is.

The door made a sound when it opened. The woman standing by the counter greeted her with a small smile and "Welcome ma'am." She sauntered the aisle of snacks and instead of just buying her cup or ramen, she also bought junk foods. After paying, she made her way to her home and devoured her midnight snacks. Tried napping but overslept on her book which now has patches of drool in it. She muttered curses underneath her breath when the clock showed 6:54 AM, 4 hours left till her exams and she's still not convinced she'd get A+ which she constantly aimed for.

Time passed and she finished the first day of exams. Yeorum, aware that it's still early for dinner, went to a nearby cafe to grab herself a bubble tea. The man behind the counter snickered when he saw Yeorum struggling to keep herself awake so after she gave her name to be written on the cup, he wrote a "Sleepyhead" beneath her name. Upon seeing that, she just shrugged and sippedon her drink while looking for an empty spot to study.

The people rushing in and out the cafe and the chit-chats all over the place made it impossible for her to even get it done with the first chapter. She can't get a grip on her focus and if not dozing off, she reads the same word twice and can't move from the sentence. She felt a tap on her shoulder and she looked at the source.

Stood ther infront of her is a man around her age with the same drink on his left hand. He has a lean body and model-like physiques which she weirdly found unattractive. He's clothed weirdly too for her-- black turtle neck shirt and black pants-- and his hair parted perfectly.

"Hey." he smiled at her. "Is this seat taken?" she just shrugged and went back to reading her material.

Namjoon felt defeated but wasn't shaken at all. He took the seat beside her and occasionally peaks over her shoulders to see what she's busy for. He stared at her profile, inwardly chuckling because she really looks cute while stopping herself from sleeping and also fidgetting which he managed to hide under his good looks and outfit.

"Oh, I know this." he took her book and scrutinized the content. "Are you on your second year of Medicine?" the girl nodded and a glint of delight shoned on her eyes, to the physical world she has the same stolid expression, and opened her mouth to chat with him.

"Yes, are you a Med student too?"

"No," he laughed. "I just remembered Pharmocology from my sister's books. I have limited knowledge about it but I could help." Yeorum slumped back to her then-position and tried getting the book from him when he insisted.

In what way could you help?

Much to her surprise, he began throwing random questions regarding her subject without even looking at the book. He counts down 1-5 and within that time range when she fails to answer he jots down that topic and then proceeds. Even though she was a bit taken aback, she answered some questions right and mostly wrong. This guy is a savior.

Namjoon tries so hard to keep calm whenever she talks and when her brows furrow in confusion she finds it cute. He imparted some ways of studying that'll make life easier for her and she admired him for that. He bid his goodbyes while she observes the notes he made on notebook.

"Wait!"

Bingo!Smooth~

"My name's Namjoon." he said as he turns his back to her swiftly and winks. He has her attention that easy, it won't be too hard to move to the second move.

"I was actually going to ask for my pen back."