Fake Hoes

Okay since I'm still kinda new at this Friend thing. I was talking to a friend that I've had for a while, so I decided to tell them a secret. It wasn't major but it was still kind of a big deal to me. As soon as I told her this secret ( today we were going out at this Halloween party which was way after I told her) and I wanted to keep it quiet but she decided to tell her friends about it even though I specifically told her, "hey I don't want people outside of MY friend circle, so please don't tell anyone outside of the people I tell you okay?" She even agreed not to tell after I told her. Yet, she still proceeds to do so and while we were at the party one of her friends comes up to me and asks me if my secret is true, of course I say no because I didn't want it to get out (hence why I told only a few people that I trust) however my so called friend calls me out about it extra loud and about half of the people there know now. So today I cut off ties with her and before that she yells at me because she says that "but they are in my friend circle so it doesn't really matter" and shit like "oh they won't tell anybody" well now they won't have to because you ran your mouth and now half of the party knows now. So when I cut off ties with her she says that I don't deserve HER trust when she's clearly the one at fault. So what I don't understand is why she thinks its my fault, yes I admit in hindsight I probably shouldn't have told her if I knew she would tell people. However what I also don't get is how its also my fault for ending ties with her. Could someone please explain that to me? But whatever, it happened, I cut my ties and overall before that happened my Halloween was pretty good. Humans will be humans I guess, can't really change their personality or mind sets. (But seriously tho could someone pls explain this shit to me bc I honestly don't understand how this is my fault)