Chapter 1

*Ring ring*

The noisy ringtone from my phone filled the almost deserted dorm room, the echo bouncing off each wall. I sit there ignoring it, I knew who it would be. Instead, I continued shopping online, knowing I'd be dead if I was caught off campus during lesson time. My laptop was burning through my skin tight jeans as I hummed, still scrolling down the page. I placed my laptop beside where I was laying and walked over to my phone, still ringing. Declining the call, I heard almost silence...just the way I like it.

Suddenly, I was interrupted by a notification appearing on my screen, it was a message from my best friend, Kennedy. I regretfully opened the message, appearing on the screen was a quite angry message from her.

Kennedy: How dare you skip class again Missy! I have to put up with Calculus all by myself, do you know how hard it is?;) Love K x

I chuckled at the thought of Kennedy having to put up with the oh-so-boring Miss Carol for another hour, I tapped the screen to show the keyboard and replied with laughs:

Harley: Aha! Oh poor Kennedy, how about you sneak out and we can chill?;) Love H x

Kennedy and I were known to skip class, get drunk, etc...but we were still unpopular, but that's what you get when your mother forces you to go to the most formal and well-educated school in England when you still barely know what the route of whatever equals.

Almost instantly I had a reply:

Kennedy: I'll be there in 5, leave the door unlocked, I'm gonna have to go ninja on this! x'D Love K x

I proceeded to unlock the door and I sat myself on my bed, wishing I had Sophie's. Sophie is my roommate, quite stuck up, an A* in all of my classes, and also the only person who gives me more lectures than my parents.

As said, 5 minutes later, a breathless Kennedy bursted through my door and sat down beside me, her hair was a mess and she only had her bag on one shoulder. I laughed quietly as she fixed herself up in the mirror.

"Oh God, I hate calculus!" She exclaimed as she flopped down beside me and rested her head on my shoulder. "Harley, why are we even in collage?"

"Oh, Kennedy sweetie," I mimicked our mother's posh voices, "because you're the next generation and you need an upperclass education!" Kennedy chuckled. "But seriously, I actually have no idea"

She sighed and searched through her backpack, revealing a bottle of Jack Daniels, I hugged her close, my eyes brightening up.

"Oh my goodness, how did you get this? I thought you were put on a search?!" I questioned her, remembering the last time we skipped class.

"Well, Maria isn't is she? She skipped school the other day to come and see me!" Kennedy smiled at the thought of the love of her life but quickly snapped back to reality. "I have news...Maria...she's moving, to London actually," she looked down and played with her thumbs, "she wants me to move with her."

Tears formed in my eyes, I didn't want to lose my friend.

"I mean, whatever you want and whatever is best for you...it's just collage...I'll be on my own..." And that is when I had the idea, I wasn't going to be stuck in collage, stuck doing classes I don't like, and stuck having a job I don't want. I needed my passion back.

"Look Harley, I'm sor-"

"I'm going to quit." I whispered, just loud enough so she could hear me, she gave me a confused look before I said it again, louder with confidence.

"I'm Harley Butler, and I am quitting collage!"

________________________________

Hey guys!

So this is the opening to my new fan-fiction, it's going to be on Joe Sugg but we needed a story line so x'D

I'm dedicating this one to my beautiful best friend, Cheesecakesandcarrots, you should check out her One Direction One Shots on her account:)