Part 14

[Part 14]

Louis completely hated himself for his decision made. What had he said about not regretting eating that beef bourguignon and getting the side effect for it? It was complete utter crap. Complete. Utter. Crap.

Louis's fingers clenched in his hair, almost pulling a few strands out of their roots while his other hand drew angry black marks over his design, colouring the paper black. The perfect design just wouldn't come, no matter how much he tried to attack at it. It just wasn't perfect when she was around. Without someone to help him choose between one designer or another any longer, Louis had been trying to put both options into the dress, and none of the designs were working out. There were a million tiny flaws in the dress that he hadn't seen before, and now that the woman was gone, there was a million to solve –and Louis couldn't do a single one of them.

If Louis had known about what would happen, he would never have gone out that day. Giving Alyssa an excuse for not turning up would have been fine. But Louis –weak, stupid Louis –had been tempted with the idea of eating, particularly, eating with Aly. But it was completely the wrong thing to do. Louis had enjoyed his meal, but it came completely at the cost of Aly.

"Idiot!" Louis cursed at himself in the silence of the studio. It had never seemed so empty to him before, but now, he was beginning to feel the space in every nook and cranny.

His instincts told him to just heck it, and he had his phone whipped out, his finger hovering over the name. He hesitated a short while, then decided that if he called, he might say something stupid. Quickly, he switched to texting, and found his fingers already running across the screen even before he could think of what to say.

I'm so sorry for what happened. I'm running out of ideas for designs, and I've found too many flaws in the dress. Can you come over? I need your help.

It was so disgustingly needy that Louis was appalled that his finger had been hovering the send button. Spamming the delete button quickly, Louis found himself drafting messages after messages, trying to find the appropriate words to start a conversation with the woman who had given him the excuse that she was busy and no longer able to come over. But both of them knew exactly what she was doing –she was running away. From him. Because he had scared her off by pushing himself all over her that night.

When trying to put his feelings down in English failed him, Louis tried at his home language with the desperate belief that with a language that he was comfortable with, he could find the exact words. But no matter how French was considered a love language, or the origins of English, nothing changed the fact that Louis simply couldn't come up with the best words.

It was apparent now that not only did he have a designer's block, but also a writer's block.

How the hell was he going to apologise to her, to bring her back closer to him? Now that Aly was acting like a stranger –or at most a business partner –with him, Louis was beginning to feel the emptiness that she had created at her departure. Louis didn't want to admit it completely –but the very annoying part of his brain told him the painful truth –that he was falling in love with the woman. Louis wasn't like the men before him –completely unlike Dante or Jean-Jacques.

He could recognise quickly that he was in love (quite unlike Jean-Jacques who had made up excuses of caring for Renee as a bodyguard, then as a pseudo elder brother), and Louis was unafraid of wanting to let the feeling grow (quite unlike Dante who had been afraid of Lexi rejecting him the way Dante's wife Marietta from his human years had done). Louis didn't want to deny the feeling of joy and happiness that Aly brought to him, and he knew that everyone had a chance at loving.