Chapter 2

Gray always seemed to have some sort of plan for the next day. Hunter, however, was never able to decipher what it was. She had gone to sleep ready for a new adventure with her best friends. She awoke to the knock on her door. She rolled out of bed and opened it to a fully dressed and prepared Gray. 

"You ready?" Gray asked, almost jumping with excitment. 

"You just woke me up," Hunter replied. 

"Right- well, get ready," Gray stepped into her room and laid on the bed. 

"What kinda stuff do I ahve to wear?" she asked. 

"Whatever you want," Gray answered. 

Hunter dug through her drawers looking for something she had interest in wearing. She pulled out a black tunic and black trousers. She pulled on her boots and jacket, tieing her hair up in a messy ponytail. 

"Let's go," she said, and the two were walking through the halls. 

Echo stepped out from his room and joined them. Waiting in by the front doors was Aria. 

"Shall we be off?" Aria asked as they pushed open the doors. 

Hunter let the cool breeze kiss her skin, the morning sun soft and sweet. 

"So what are our plans?" Hunter asked again. 

"We can't tell you, you'll see when we get there," Aria replied. 

Hunter simply groaned, "Where are we walkig to now, then, there's nothing back here." 

"There is now," Echo replied, "we aquired more horses, so a larger stable was needed. There was space back here, so they used it." 

"Then what did they do to the other?" Hunter replied. 

"It's for anyones use, 'do whatever you wish with it' they said. Mostly they younger trainees use it as an escape to go with their 'lovers'," Gray answered. 

"Ah, what I would do be that young again," Hunter smiled. 

"May I remind you, Hunter, you're barely a year ahead of them," Echo snickered. 

Aria, Echo, and Gray were all a year above Hunter. There were breeding rules in the guild. There was a period of time during which couples were meant to breed, thus having most children born around a certain time of the year. They would grow up in groups and be the same age. 

Hunter, however, was not born into the guild. She was taken in, they didn't know her exact age, but they did know that she was at least sixteen. 

They had reached the stables where the black stags were kept. They saddled them and all prepared to ride. Gray took the front, Aria inbetween him and Hunter, with Echo in the back. the four just continued to travel down a trail Hunter had not yet used. 

"So, I feel this is an appropriate time to bring up Echo's current situation," Gray grimaced.

Aria peeked back at Echo. 

"What will that be?" Hunter quizzed. 

"We're all fairly convinced he's gotten a girl pregnant," Gray sneered. 

"What world are you in, Gray?" Echo shouted. 

"Well, it's quite obvious you're not in your room alone some nights," Gray answered. 

"Are you joking?" Echo growled. 

"No need to be ashamed, lot's of teenagers in the guild are fornicating," Aria replied. 

"No! They're not!" Echo fought. "At least I'm not!" 

"Just fess up and tell us who she is," Gray returned. 

Echo muttered something under his breath, nothing in which they could understand. 

"Say again?" Hunter chuckled. 

"Kurloz Avalon," he repeated. 

Aria gasped, "No- you're not-" 

"Gray said it himself, he could... hear us," Echo answered. 

"But is she with a child?" Hunter cut in. 

"As far as I know, she is not, we made sure she took a tonic," Echo answered. 

"I almost don't believe you," Gray answered. 

"Either way, we're here," Echo replied. 

Each hopped off their horse and tied them up on trees. 

There was an open field, filled with flowers. 

"Breakfast picnick!" Gray announced. 

And so that's what they did, they ate.