Chapter 3: Meet the Lust Pair

Miyumi woke up in the unfamiliar bedroom that she learned belonged to Kuro last night. She sat up and looked around the same darkened room, Except for the suitcase laying in the corner and the black cat sleeping on the pillow, the girl smiled fondly at him as she remembered how Kuro snuck into the room and tried to comfort her.

(flashback)

Miyumi was blankly staring at the floor as the moonlight highlighted some blue strands in her black hair, fisting the long sleeves of the shirt she was loaned to replace her bloodied one. She tried to sleep but couldn't, so instead opted to find patterns on the floor wood, she was at it for a while. Then a sudden repetitive banging on the window brought her attention to the small black cat that had his paws on the glass and looked like he was struggling to not fall from the ledge.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed idiot!?" she hissed worriedly, rushing to open the window.

"can't exactly die..." Miyumi heard him mumble as she hurriedly picked him up, almost dropping him from the unexpected weight.

"Why are you so heavy, you need a diet!"

"Do not... Mind helping me bring this up..." sounding more exhausted than he actually is. Miyumi looked over to his long tail wrapped around a suspiciously familiar suitcase. She grabbed the handle and pulled it into the room, skepticism written on her face. Kuro sighed in relief at the burden taken off his tail.

"You didn't drag my suit case all the way from my house to here as a cat, did you?" she asked the dozing cat in her arm, bringing the heavy bag inside.

"No... Just when I was climbing up hear..." he yawned.

"Couldn't you just of been human the whole time"

"...Yeah that doesn't sound suspicious at all..."

"And a cat bring carrying up a suitcase isn't?"

"...meow..."

She hung her head in defeat, as she sat the luggage down in the corner. "All right, why are you doing this"

"...To help... You..." he whispered tiredly before falling asleep. Miyumi gave him a hopeless look and weighed her options on what to do with the vampire cat, she considered leaving him on the living room couch now that she knew he was not normal, but the vulnerable look on his little face destroyed all thought of leaving him. The girl doesn't know why but she felt the need to protect him grow, she couldn't leave him alone on some cold couch after all the trouble he's gone through for her, her conscious would nag her for it. With her mind made up, Miyumi laid on the bed and placed Kuro on the pillow besides her, pulling the blanket over both of them.

"Thank you Kuro," Miyumi murmured felling lolled to sleep by his rhythmic breathing.

(end flashback)

"He hasn't changed" she thought and went to flick his button nose. As expected, the cat sneezed cutely and opened his eyes. She laughed at his irritated stare.

"Cat abuser..." Kuro chided, his paw rubbing his sensitive nose.

"Can't help it"

There was a flash of a smile on his face before returning to boredom. ears twitching as he raised his nose to the air. "Mahiru's cooking breakfast... I'll leave you to get changed" he announced, heading for the door, but stopped in front of it, staring at the knob. He turned to her with expecting eyes. Getting the message Miyumi, shook her head and opened the door to the lazy vampire, muttering something along the lines of 'same old lazy cat'. She closed the door behind him once out.