Chapter 8

A blonde dude came forward me. 'Hey ya free after the camp later?' It's Luke.

'Actually, I cost like $834 for 5 minutes.' I laughed.

'Seriously? I have like $833 now. Any discounts?' He laughed too. 

'Well maybe if you pay for my ice-cream...' I grinned.

'Well I can afford that.' He smiled.

'You got a car?' I asked.

'No, but I'm learning to drive.'

'When's your birthday?'

'January 5th.' He grinned.

'Dude! You're gonna get your license so soon! That's so cool!' 

'It is! So I guess we're gonna walk to Ben & Jerry's later?'

'Yeah, meet me at the door after the kids go out? I think I'm on kitchen duty today.'

'Okay.'

'Kay kids let's sing another song! But this time, I want each group to send 2 singers out to sing a random song, whatever you want. Okay? There's 2 groups, 2 winners. One for the older group and one for the younger ones. Alright?' Tiffany said, on the stage.

'OKAY!' the kids chorused.

While the group leaders were picking their singers, I slipped out of the room and went to prepare stuff for the art and crafts the kids were going to do later. 

When I was done, I went back to the room and saw Luke going up the stairs and getting on stage. He was holding a guitar. I never knew that he played the guitar! But I just met him soo... I guess this part is the older kid's group because there's no way a kid can play a guitar like Luke can.

He was playing the beginning of the song. It sounded so familiar. Then he started singing. He had a great voice. Then I realized that he was playing 'Summer Paradise' by Simple Plan. I loved that song! I caught his eye and smiled. I sat down and enjoyed the song.