Dark and empty just as the night sky

As the silence swallowed them whole, just some puffs of cold air and water sliding down their bodies being heard/felt by the only conscious being tied down by their duty under the grand, dark and unforgiving night sky, splashing and whirling brought the person out of their daze, warmth flickering out of rhythm before stabilizing once more. Shaking, pale hands tightening around the fabric that could hide them from pricing eyes but no so much from the cold.

A slam made the night creature flinch. Nervous eyes landed upon the bundle at their side, even breathing so foreign to their ears, a sound so calm and quiet comparing to their whimpering and scared heart. Guilt building in their chest. Not regret. No. They did not regret this, but they felt ashamed that the bundled had to be dragged into this nightmare called reality. They felt the bundle's suffering to the bone. Every aching, painful and excruciating feeling carved down to their very soul.

No, they did not regret this. Even if their skin was burning from the cold, even as their eyes couldn't see kore than a few blurs. Even as their muscles lost their strength and their lungs fought to catch more air. Even as their throat felt rough and dry and their face pale every second more. They did not regret it. If more, they would do it again.

The night contrasted with their pale fixation but blended o' so well with the emotions swirling inside their naked body bared to no one but to the blanket hiding their shame, the bundle who unknowingly in possession of their clothes and to anyone who dared come forward to them in this form. The quiet but sharp melody of the crying, indigo sky was drilling inside their ears, making its way into his skull when they were made aware once again of the distant sounds of splashing. Too familiar to be anything other than footsteps, they tensed visibly, immediately hyper-aware of their hopeless situation. The shivering, naked figure on the floor concealed a cough, throat tightening more than it already was but right now thank to a completely different situation. There was no other explanation for the sudden appearance at this very specific location. It had to be them. A shuddering breath and clenched fists was their reaction when their suspicions were made, unfortunately, true. An invisible knife gained enough sentience to move itself and stab the fearing, jittery heart of the night creature trembling in the dark. One of their hands move instinctively to land on top of the bundle sleeping peaceful and unaware by their side. Their breath hitched.

Two silhouettes flickered where the alley opened at the end, firm and sure steps walking without indecision to approach the figures on the other side. The seconds passed and the silhouettes were getting closer, traveling the form of two young but grown men. The naked creatures growled at the best of their capacity, rightfully irritated by the appearance of these two, hands automatically hugging the thin material closer to their bodies. But then, irritation turned to shock. They took an intake of breath, throat closing again.

The face. It was the face of one of them that threw the person off. It was that knowing but pissed smirk, that unruly dark, black hair. That pale but slightly tanned skin. That scar on their cold face. Those red eyes.

Yeah, they knew that man alright.

The arrival of those two made them uneasy but they didn't dare breath a word to him.

The man bent a knee, coming eye level to both conscious and unconscious human beings. The other man kept standing in the shadows, not moving a single muscle. The one kneeling didn't spared a look their way but instead he was smirking at the not-so-freezing body that was breathing evenly on the floor. After looking at the bundle for a few minutes, those sharp, red eyes redirected to look at them. Look into those eyes made them dizzy. It was like staring into an endless void and they had to look away or otherwise they could lose themselves looking into those orbs. The red seem peer into their very soul, ripping apart anything and everything that dared intervene in the middle. The man's smirk only grew when he noticed how uncomfortable the person in front of him was.