« If you really love me »

Disclamer : This is the first time I post something I wrote. English is not my birth language.

« If you really love me, stop talking to Hayden. »

It all started with that. And of course, Liam would have done anything for Theo, so he stopped talking to his best friend. Because he loved him.

If you ask, everyone will tell you that their relation was unhealthy. They had this constant need to prove to each other their love.

« If you really love me, do bungee jumping. »

If there was a thing that everyone knew, it's that Theo's biggest fear was heights. But for Liam, he would have done anything. Oh, that day he had several panic attacks, but he did it. Because Liam asked him, and because he loved Liam.

« If you really love me, come and see me in France. »

Theo was in holidays in Paris with his family at that time, and he missed Liam so much. If Theo's biggest fear was heights, Liam's was planes. But he really loved Theo, so he came to France for him, taking the plane.

« If you really love me, stay with me tonight. »

'Tonight', Theo had a dinner with his dad. A very important dinner that would have defined the rest of his life. But Theo really loved Liam, so he stayed with him, taking the risk to lose the trust his dad had in him.

« If you really love me, say it to your mother. »

Theo knew Liam's mom was homophobic, she couldn't stand gay people and she was the most unpleasant person he had ever met. But he had lost his dad, so Liam could lose his mom. Liam was in love with Theo, so he told his mother he was dating him, and she kicked him out.

« If you really love me, let me have sex with someone else. »

To prove his love toward Liam, he would have watched if he would've asked him.

« If you really love me, write it on you. »

And by 'write it', Liam knew Theo wasn't talking about a tattoo. So, yes, Liam cut himself with a razor blade and wrote 'I love you' on his right hip. Because Theo asked him, because he loved Theo.

« If you really love me, do drugs. »

Liam knew that Theo's mom overdosed, and that Theo swore he'd never touch this shit. He hesitated, but he really loved Liam, so he did it, because he asked him to do it.

« If you really love me, jump. »

Liam and Theo were in vacation at that time. And they were standing in front of the sea, on a cliff. Theo knew that Liam couldn't swim. He almost drowned that day, but he did it because Theo asked him, because he loved him.

« If you really love me, leave town with me. »

Liam never liked Beacon Hills, he had always wanted to leave, to discover to world. And he wanted to do it with Theo. This one was easy, because Theo wanted to leave as well. So they left, they didn't tell anyone, they just left. They never came back.

« If you really love me, jump with me. »

This time there was no cliff. This time they were on a bridge, looking at the water under them. The only way to have something forever is by losing it. Theo wanted to have Liam forever, Theo didn't want to lose Liam.

Oh, love killed them. But now they are together forever.