Goodbye, sunset eyes

Prologue

“Run!” Yuhi ran passed me, I saw the fear gripping her eyes. I Turned to her as she was screaming at me, but I couldn't piece together what she was trying to say. She was hysterical, waving her arms, tears streaming violently one after the other. I looked down at her leg, streaming with blood, her favorite floral pants shredded. What was going on?

Chapter 1

We had only gone to the lake, Our secret hide out. Where no one can see us. Where no one can judge us. Why are we running? Why is she bleeding? We couldn’t be in any real danger; it wasn’t our time until our 45th year. The idea of death was implausible; the society controls it, the “natural flow”. I knew this; yet the fear of death kept rising up, chilling my body, causing goosebumps to spread over my pale skin and freezing me to the spot where I had fell, only moments before.

“Ahhh!” Yuhi’s scream ripped through my ears as I turned to look at what she was running from. What was it? It was some sort of creature. I do not have any words to describe it. The way it was shaped, the way it moved, shifted. It Was unnatural, inconceivable, inhuman.

The creature shifted towards our direction, and was accelerating at an impossible speed. I closed my eyes bracing for what was coming next, But nothing did. Except a scream, that stopped abruptly. I Turned toward were Yuhi had been, just in time to not only to see the creature rip her body apart, but to hear the crack of her bones splintering as her body was separated into two.