Time To Wake Up

"Jermaine! Jermaine, where are you?" I ask aloud in what seems to be like the middle of nowhere. I have torn my beautiful dress, dirtied up my wedges, and most of all I have lost my boyfriend. As I kept walking, my clothes and the setting changes. I am now in some black, leather combat boots and this black jumpsuit. I also have this sword, a dagger, and some blades. In my mind, I wonder what is going on and then, I hear him.

"Nicole. Nicole, is that you?" the voice keeps saying in my head, and I yell at the top of my lungs, "Jermaine, it's me. I'm here, and I hear you. Where are we?" The smell of cherry blossoms tickle my nose, and the echo of my voice gets me wondering again where I am. As I'm looking through the surroundings, I come to hear this little child's voice. I hear her crying, giggling, and every other emotion that a child might possibly be capable of. As I walk towards the little child, I realize some of the made up words that only I knew, and realized that the little girl is me.

"Hello Nicole. I am Nicci, also known as the younger version of you." she says to me. I just look at her, and I remember the younger days of my life. The ones where I was in elementary school, still taking naps, playing dress-up, and having my dad be at home from the military. As I mention Jermaine to Nicci, the younger version of him appears, and with him is the present-time Jermaine. "Nicole!" Jermaine yells, as I run up to him in his arms. I start to cry, and then Nicci and 'Maine come with the most adorable children I have ever laid eyes on. "These are our children, Chance and Jayd." As I try to come closer, I hear the sound of my alarm clock. As the sound buzzes, my dream slowly fades and melts away.

"Nicole, wake up. You'll be late for school, and it shocks me because you have a car, your brother doesn't live here, and I have my own bathroom," my mom says, not noticing that I'm zoning her out. "Okay mother, whatever you say. Jermaine is coming to get me, I suppose." As I say this, my boo calls me, and right on time to. "Hey, wassup? Are you woke yet? Did you have any type of dream?" I knew he had the same dream. He always forget I have that type of ability as well.

Ever since I was born, I can see things that have happened and are going to happen. My mother has that ability, and she tells me that I shouldn't tell anyone how it's going to happen and why it's happening. The reason why Jermaine has the same dreams as me, is because we were born on the same day, and in the same hospital. When my family trait came in, it surrounded me and Jermaine in the vibe, and he got the power as well. So, in some ways you can say we were literally born for each other.

"I am woke babe. I'm just still in bed, not wanting to go to school and work afterwards," I reply to him in a yawning type way, "The dream was kind of weird, but at the same time, you have to admit one thing."

"What is that Nic?" Jermaine says as if he is mumbling.

As I'm walking towards my closet looking for my "outfit of the day", I answer him saying, "The smaller versions of us looked so precious all in white. Even the children they had in their hands looked like us, especially in the eyes. Their eyes looked just like mine!!" I squealed and can hear Jermaine giggling at the things that I have said, but he knows that I speak the truth.

I can now hear him mumbling," Why does she have to choose the black and red. I felt like today was a blue and black type day, but no. It has to be the clothes she saw in the dream." I am ready for him to come on and I keep thinking of him just hurrying up, so I can go ahead and ride out. I guess I can drive my car to school once in awhile. "I am almost at your house Nicole. No need to have an image of me being at your house on time." I  decide to do nothing but laugh, and  I see him outside. I grab my purse, my make-up bag, my backpack, and my keys ready for the day of my life. School, work, and pleasing my future husband is a hard thing to do now and then. Can anyone say "hard working woman"?