2 : Flashback

Little Lie. Chapter 2 : Flashback

💮

I hate it when my decision turns out to be a bad one.

Remember when i told myself that i can have fun at this party?

Well, i badly wished right now at this very exact moment that i should have told myself to just go home rather.

Leighton was right there in front of me, looking down a bit at my direction since she was a few inch taller than mine with the help of her Louboutin heels. Immediately flipping her blonde locks and feeling pretty gorgeous as ever, she wiped away the smirk on her face only to change it into a fake smile.

"It's Bella, right?" Leighton asked but i had no plans in answering that since i was aware that she totally knew my existence.

"Haven't thought that you're a party goer. You know, i barely see you in any late night parties." she added, eyeing me from head to toe. Clearly criticizing my choice of clothing quietly on her mind.

Well, i should have known better. When there's a party, Leighton Jones was surely present. As always. She was often the talk of the town after the parties wherein students would loudly gossip how fantastic she looked on her fancy dresses, how gorgeous she was everytime and which hot guy she ended up hooking with before the party was over.

"Except that one after party," Leighton added.

"Actually, i was about to leave. You know, this party actually sucks." I said with bitterness, sensing this conversation wouldn't end up pretty good.

Her well-defined eyebrows curled up, pretending to be surprised but her eyes did the opposite. "Oh, really! Bella?"

Rolling my eyes, i've gathered some courage to leave, hastily abandoning the bathroom wherein the air i could only breathe had started suffocating me with Leighton's presence and the unbreathable scent of her perfume lingering on my nose.

"Does it sucks like Oliver had dumped you?" Leighton asked louder than her normal speaking voice as I landed a foot outside the bathroom's door.

Both of my feet was frozen like it was glued on the tiled floor. My entire body had almost stiffened as the word dumped stung sharply. For the second time around, i should have known better. Leighton will surely rub it hardly on my face that Oliver had dumped me. Most especially when she had witnessed every millisecond of my embarrassment and because she was the one that Oliver had replaced me with.

The entire scene several weeks ago crawls back again, playing a rewind on my mind. Oliver and I were dating for over two months already and we do what the usual couples will do. Hang out after school, go out to a nice dinner or watch movies at cinemas and most often just spend time at his house, cuddling and playfully teasing each other. Oliver was exactly what a girl could ever ask for and he was my first - first boyfriend and first kiss. Although to him, i wasn't.

Others will always comment that he was a catch. That's because he was included at the school's hot guy list. Being admired and adorned for his charisma and handsome look, he already had girlfriends before me and i won't bothered myself to count. Each days that we're together, I never thought that all the happiness and those blissful moments with Oliver will just end in that particular after party he urged me to go.

It was a party at his own house after celebrating his buddy, Matt's birthday on a club at the town. I refused, telling him I was extremely busy on an essay project i need to wrap up and pass on the next day. But as you can probably guess, i had changed my mind due to his irresistable demand.