~Chapter Two~ ~Xander~

It was 8:23 when I woke up, and realized that I was up way before anyone else. I thought my parents or Grace were trying to unlock the door, because I had locked it last night. I closed my eyes, but to where I can slightly see, yet people will think I'm sleeping. As the person walked in, I realized it wasn't mom, dad or Grace. It was just a shadowy figure. Then I suddenly heard mom and dad waking up. I guess the figure heard it too, because it dashed put of the room like freaking Sonic. A few minutes after that, mom and dad came in my room, waking Rachel up. "Just to let you guys know, we're going to enroll you next week to whatever school is closest." Dad said. "You guys can just stay in here and play on your phone's like Grace is doing, until breakfast is ready." Mom said, completely changing the subject. "Okay. Dad, are we going to check out the basement after breakfast?" Rachel asks. "Yeah, so hurry and get dressed first, then you can use your phone's and eat breakfast." Dad replied, as mom left to go make breakfast. As dad leaves the room, I get up and went to my closet, but realized that Rachel and I didn't put our clothes away. I got my suitcase, and got a random outfit. After that, I combed my hair, and just went on my phone while Rachel took a shower.

"Xander!" Rachel yelled from the shower. "Can you get me the outfit on my bed?" She yelled, again. "Yeah!" I yelled back. I walked to her bed, and grabbed the clothes, hearing the shower stop. I knocked to see if I could come in, and when I didn't hear an answer I set the clothes on the counter. As I did that, mom yelled. "Breakfast is ready!" I closed the bathroom door, and walked to the dining room. I saw mom setting the plates on the table. She had made mine and Rachel's favorite, yet simple breakfast. Pancakes, with bacon and egg. As I was getting myself seated, Rachel came in and basically screamed. "Yes! Pancakes with bacon and egg!" As she sat down. Five to ten minutes later, we got done eating, when dad asked. "Hey, wait a minute! Aren't we supposed to check what that noise was in the basement from last night?" "Oh yeah!" Rachel replied. "Completely forgot." I replied as well.

After cleaning up our plates and stuff, we went down to the basement. The stairs down to the basement were creaking ever so slightly. There was glass sprawled everywhere in a corner. We saw a bunch of boxes and rubbish, when we heard something in the corner. It had red eyes, but that was all we could see. It came out of the shadows, and then we saw what it was..... It was a family of pawsumes!

The pawsumes must hace got stuck down here somehow, and accidentally knocked over a vase or whatever the glass was from. Dad picked up what I guessed was the father pawsume, while I picked up the mother. Rachel held the two baby pawsumes and went upstairs. Dad and I followed, closing the door behind us. We opened the front door and left the pawsumes go. We stood there for awhile, watching as the pawsumes safely crossed the street. I have no idea where they're going. Standing there for a little longer, we started smelling, as always, amazing cooked food. "Lunch is ready!" Mom yelled from the kitchen. I didn't even realize it was already noon. The clock in the living room read 3:52. Mom made some salad with meat in it, which Rachel, dad and I all loved, and we ate in silence. All was well, and when it had turned the time to go to bed, we were all relaxed and fine. That was until when I was getyong changed into more comfortable to sleep in than jeans, I remembered this morning with the shadowy figure...