Unexplainable to the Broken-Hearted

A/N: The Christmas songs are incredible. And Michael's vocals for "Feel This Christmas"—holy. The band's harmonizing. Brady's angelic voice. Sergio and the beginning. Drew's and Chance's singing. Like, what? When they tweeted, it was so unexpected and I just... WOW. They seriously blow my mind.

This fandom is growing bigger, and the band is getting more and more recognition. I'm so proud of these five boys, like damn, they're all nice and humble and loveable. I'm literally getting nostalgia, despite it being months back, to the Boy Band days. All the contestants are amazed by the support from their fans. It was nice to see lives with Michael, Mikey, Devin, Chance, Sergio, etc.—already the band is dropping songs, doing interviews, photo-shoots... I'm surprised that they still manage to sleep, lol.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

THE PLANE flights to home makes the band incredibly jet lag. Since they all have different destinations, they eventually part with hugs and goodbyes.

After arriving back to the hotel last night, Chance and Michael got to talk while packing their suitcases.

Chance admits that everything is going too fast between them—he needs to have time alone to think.

Michael agrees with some sort of understanding. It was kinda weird how a week can go by like lightning. It's almost like yesterday he can picture himself walking down the streets of Los Angeles, feelings conflicting through his mind.

Now they're heading back home: Michael to Cleveland, Ohio. He's truly grateful and happy for everything that has happened—he's going to miss his boys.

Brady is already home—Shorewood, Wisconsin—so Michael and Chance sit together on the plane. The two hold hands for a while, kind of like a comforting thing. Michael looks out of the window, fatigue hitting him. Although Chance was the closest to home, he decided to go with his band mates, especially for Michael.

"I was wondering," Chance says, nudging Michael gently, "if you'll like to come with me."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want to stay with me? In California. It'll be really cool."

Michael hesitates. "I just want to see my family and friends. Besides, didn't you want to be alone?" He can't help but show slight frustration. After all, he's tired, and wondering what they're even supposed to be. How they'll be together. It's clear that having a secret relationship in the band is troublesome—if anyone found out, it'll end their careers. He has thought about it for a while, actually. The possibility of them is actually happening, but they'll have to be careful.

"Yeah, but . . ." Chance looks slightly crestfallen. "Don't you want to be with me?"

"Of course I do." Michael pulls away irritably. Sometimes Chance acts like a needy kid, seeking attention. "Chance, you seriously are asking me that? You're the one who said everything was happening too fast. Do you even like me?" There's no response, and Michael's throat tightens, the uncomfortable feeling of holding back tears. He's getting emotional lately, and that's like a huge no. Especially on a plane.

"Michael," Chance says, touching the blue-eyed boy's hand.

"Don't." Michael plugs his earphones in, drowning into the music of Eminem. It's difficult to ignore Chance, especially when the other boy looks hurt. At the moment he's acting like a petulant child, but there's so much annoyance that Michael's afraid he'll hurt Chance further.