Chapter 7

Present day
18 January 2014

Not a day goes by that I don't think of Lucy, after all she was my first friend and my first love.

I'd tell my children her story everyday, it would help to remember her by.

You see, she got bullied a lot for not being normal, but she kept the anger inside of her. I was the only one she could talk to and I left her, later that day I felt horrible and went to her house. Her mother told her she left awhile ago to practice but she hadn't come back.

I rode towards the forest, only to see that same light from the first time I had seen her powers. I dropped my bike and sprinted to the deepest part of the forest where she let her emotions free, but in doing this, she killed herself. I had witnessed it happen, her body decaying and becoming one with nature. I fell to the ground crying, tears staining my face. As I got home, I went straight, slamming the door shut in the process. My mother had tried to help, but she didn't know what had happened.

A few weeks later, her parents held a small funeral for her, only I showed up though. As her mother planted a seed of her favorite flower in the same place she died, the wind howled as if to mourn her along with us. And as I placed my gift by the tree, I whispered the words I longed to say to her that day.
'I love you'
And with that I left, and continued my life as she would have wanted.

I would never tell my kids that part, not until they were older.

Every now and again I'd go to the place where she had died and placed a fresh bouquet of flowers on the ground. The forest was my special place, I could stay there forever. I could feel her energy there, it was as if she was still with me. Sometimes I would block everything out and when I did this, I would be able to hear her voice. I could hear her screams for pain, she would say it would be fine, it would be over soon, and I guess she was right, but it happened a little to fast. I knew I would never be able to miss someone this much ever again.

Some of our classmates just thought she had moved schools, and the rest hadn't even noticed she was gone.

So now that you know her story, please pass it on, and make sure everyone remembers the name Lucy Fryer.