Laughter

Laughter cut through the air, breaking the brief silence. The sincerity of the laughter was what was so off putting. It wasn't forced or fake, he was genuinely happy. He was laughing from pure delight at something so unexpected. On any other occasion, he would have been angry at himself for reacting this way in a situation that probably should have been taken seriously. Everything had just changed. For better or worse, things could never go back to normal again. It would be messy, what had just happened would force the boy far beyond his personal bubble of safety. There would be tears and pain, but along with that would come happiness. And right now, there was laughter. All he could do was giggle hysterically until his chest hurt and face turned bright red. Nothing in the world could make him want to take this back. It was everything Keith had wished for. Strings attached and all. 

"Woah," Lance chuckled. "If I had known i'd get this kind of reaction, i'd have kissed you a lot sooner." 

"Shut up." Keith grinned, pulling the taller boy closer, once again closing the distance between their lips. 

Fin.

*Notes* 

Thanks for reading! This is my first post on Wattpad. I wrote this in honor of Keith's birthday a few weeks ago. I have another Voltron story called "Pumpkins" that i'll be posting if this one gets positive feedback. I also have another genderbent witch AU that I am in the middle of writing, so keep an eye out for that! Please feel free to comment. Farewell for now, my lovely little Voltron fans!