chapter one

It's my first day and I can't believe how nervous I am. I don't remember the last time I was this nervous. I take a deep breath and step out (more of a hop because I'm short and my Jeep is taller.) And I make my way to the building. As I was in to the front office I'm greeted by a cheery older woman "hi sweety. You're brook, correct?" I smile at her and mutter a "yes ma'am" "here we are. This is your schedule and locker info. If you need anything you can make your way here and I'll be more than happy to help..don't forget to take your map of the school. Have a wonderful first day sweetheart" the warm, friendly  lady told me with practically one breath. "thank you so much have a great day!" I reply as I walk out of the office and head in the direction of my first period....I think... I make it about twenty feet before I embarrassed myself. I ran face first into some guy. Lemme tell you...I've never been so embarrassed. "shit. I'm so sorry. I didn't see you. I wasn't paying attention." I look up and see this guy, he's about 6'2, has brown curly hair and hazel eyes. And he's looking at me in pure amusement. "yeah. I could see why you didn't see me. Look up a bit and you might avoid running into people." He didn't say it in a mean tone but an amused one. "yeah. Again I'm sorry" I chuckled nervously and all but ran away.
____________________________________
I finally made it to my first period. " Hi. I'm Brook, your new student" I said to the middle aged woman I presumed was Mrs.gathenson. "well good morning sweetie welcome. Have a seat next to Bentley there." I looked at the seat next to the empty one she wanted me to sit and there was the guy I ran into in the hallway. shit. I make my way over and feel people's eyes on me. As I sit down I heard "well  . Would ya look at that. It's the girl who ran into me in the halls. Hey, I'm Bentley." He said as he reached out to shake my hand.  I chuckled and said "I'm so sorry about that. Oh my gosh. I'm Brooklyn."