Chapter 2.

Gillian's POV:

~flashback~

Steve was able to get onto the plane that 'RED SKULL', as I like to call him, was flying to New York to drop nuclear bombs all over the East Coast.

"GILL!" Steve said through the radio.

"I'm here! I'm here Steve! What's wrong, what do you need?" I asked frantically.

"Gill, there's no way I can stop this plane. I've gotta put it under."

"WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE TO PUT IT UNDER?! NO! THERE'S GOTTA BE A WAY!"

All he had to do was say those few words of bravery, and I already knew what he was going to do. That I would lose him forever, but knowing Steve, he would've done anything and everything for his country that he so loved. I just couldn't bring myself to believe it, his words had just put me into so much shock.

"Gill, you can't stop me, and this is the only way. If I don't do this now, the whole east coast will be in ruins, and I would never forgive myself for it, because I could've done something to stop it."

By that time I was full on sobbing and bawling my eyes out against the microphone in front of me. My best friend, my love, was going to sacrifice himself for our country. I was going to be alone, alone in a world where I'm already without one of my best friends as it is, Bucky. But now I'm going to have to lose both of them.

"Why me?!" I cried out still sobbing.

I'd tuned out everything that was happening all around me.

"Why me?! Why me?! Why?! Why does it have to be me?! Of all people I'm the one to get punished in this world?! Why?! What the hell did I ever do?! What did I do to deserve this kind of pain and torture in my life?!"

I had already brought my knees to my chest and my head was buried in between them, and everyone had left except for the Colonel and Peggy who kept an eye on me on the side just incase.

"GILLIAN! GILLIAN! GILLIAN! GILLIAN VERAR! AGENT GILLIAN VIE! MY BEST FRIEND! GILLIAN LISTEN TO ME! " Steve yelled through the radio at me.

And I forced myself to calm down and to get myself together and start crying less and listen to what he was saying right now.

"Gillian, your my best friend, and you've done nothing wrong! You won't be alone.. you'll have Peggy, the boys, Howard, and so many other that care about you also.

Gillian, promise me this... you're going to marry somebody nice, start a family, grow old, and live a great life okay?" Steve said struggling to get it out.

"Okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, okay. I promise."

"Well I don't have much time left... but I just need to tell you that I .........."

And that was it, all you could hear was the static from the radio. I couldn't hear that voice I loved so much ever again. He was gone.

I didn't know what to do with myself.. I didn't know how was I supposed to go on without him..

"Gill.. it's gonna be alright. We'll get through this okay? We're gonna find him wherever he is, we'll search the whole ocean if we have to.. Okay? You can do this I know you can, and I'll be with you every step of the way love." Peggy said hugging me, after the 'incident'.

I didn't move, I didn't move my arms to hug her back. I didn't say anything, I didn't do anything. I just sat there blank and emotionless, just staring at the disturbingly white wall in front of me.

"Agent Carter, why don't we give Agent Vie some space for the time being," and the Colonel motioned Peggy to come with him somewhere else in the base.

The only thought that constantly came to mind after that was ...

He's gone.