Prologue

Chiaroscuro - (noun.) used to describe the dramatic effect of contrasting areas of light and dark in an artwork.

The darkness is said to bring comfort and calmness to everyone, and much like the confinements to the wonders of the world, it can also bring the scariest visions of life and death. The darkness often hide some of the most fearsome thoughts, feelings, people, and circumstances. Most times we find ourselves running away from the darkness in favor of something else, and sometimes that's the complete opposite.

The light brings happiness, warmth, comfort, and most of all opportunity however, with light it requires the most effort to thrive. Often in our efforts to make the most of the light that's in our lives we find ourselves confused, anxious, and sometimes dispelled. To the point where we just want it to stop but we continue to move forward no matter what the cost. In a world of emptiness and sorrow both alike comes light and those two came together to form what we know as Earth.

The two people responsible are Athena and Eros, the two god's fought often but they both had the same idea, to create life so they came together and created the small planet called Earth. With Earth they placed sentient upright animalistic beings called "mortal humans" that roamed this planet. While living they created a culture full of art, philosophy, history, science, religion, love, hate, prosperity, and poverty. One key factor that was practiced among these people were their undying devotion and worship towards the two gods, and several others who they believed created their world. Everyone prospered and thrived with both the good and bad of this universe they were still discovering. One thing was certain, a balance was maintained by everyone doing their fair share while never going too far or making too grave a mistake. They were "the Gods" after-all. Everything was content... until one day... it wasn't. How you might ask? Well thanks to two special teenage demi-gods, the world changed and well, you'll just have to read for yourself.

 How you might ask? Well thanks to two special teenage demi-gods, the world changed and well, you'll just have to read for yourself

HOT SOCKS MY DUDES

-kan