surealism / excerpt

"the persistence of memory", salvadore dali (1931)

how many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
the fish.

/  ...  \

The goal by the end of the year was to see things in a different perspective. It was put in place by Tom (not to be confused with his dad Thomas, or his uncle Thomas ii, who isn't even his uncle, but thats another story for later), an ex-Art Major who specalises in all things sureal. Mrs Arnott, the ever tactical art teacher proposed we go on a roadtrip to 'broaden our horizons' and 'look outside the square' as she put it.

We had seven students in our art class. Seven mad-keen artists to go galavanting across the country side in the name of art, that was. It was decided we would go to italy first, the city being the birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and Michelangelo.

We would go to the famous Monet Garden next, in Ginerva, France. Andy Smith, who we nicknamed Warhol, after the late pop artist; begged us to at least stop by the Louvre in Paris, because and I quote "I could be the new record holder for looking at all the exhibitions in the fastest time". To which we reminded him that it would take at least 6 hours to look at all 537 of them; which deterred him.

//

The fog hung in the air, like a bat's persistent sleeping position.