Chapter~One

Look. I didn't mean to get arrested. Well, kind of. Mike and I were just playing, we took a couple shots and found a few cans of spray paint. And a baseball bat. And a couple fireworks. I didn't mean to smash Mrs. Elwin's car windshield, or set off all those fireworks near the fire station. I'd just been having such a horrible day, my mom had been beating on me about the B- on my latest chemistry test, always comparing me to Carson. So, as always, I had escaped to Mike's. Mike, well, he was my friend with benefits, nothing too serious. My mom and dad had always been perfectionists, each being a very successful lawyer in a association, and Carson was just always perfect for some reason. I had always been the one that had messed up, but never this badly.

"Shit." I whisper-yelled. "Oh shut up Lex, you know that you belonged here anyway." Mike said, caressing my shoulder through the bars of his cell. I batted his hand away, "Ew, don't touch me." I said. Mike flopped down onto the cot that was in his cell, "You're no fun Lex." He complained. I glared at him. "If you call me "Lex" one more freaking time, I will end you." I spoke. "Alexandra, this isn't the time or place for death threats." A voice spoke from behind me. I turned around only to see, "Mother." I nodded in her direction. The police officer who's name I forgot opened my cell door. "Let's go Alexandra." my mom commanded. I followed cautiously. She opened the door to her silver Cadillac, and got inside the drivers seat. I buckled my seatbelt, and we drove off to our home. After about fifteen minutes of driving, I finally began to see the long winding driveway to my house. I really did have a beautiful house, it was a three story classical mansion with seven bedrooms and eight bathrooms. When we got inside, my mom threw her keys on the granite top of the kitchen island, and put her head in her hands. "Harold!" she called. "I have Alex here." My dad came running into the kitchen, in a suit and tie. My mother, Stacey, had blonde hair that was almost always in a tight bun on top of her head, and deep blue eyes that were always clouded with worry and stress. My father, Harold, had the same blonde hair, but he had chocolate colored eyes. Carson and I had each gotten our parent's blonde hair, but I had my mother's blue eyes and Carson had my father's brown. "Before you both start yelling at me for being so idiotic, may I please explain my actions." I begged. "You have," my mother looked at the clock in the family room. "three minutes, go." She said crossing her arms. "I was just so upset, you always beat on me when I get a bad grade, I'd already had a bad day so I just went over to Mike's." I began. "Next thing I know we were being hauled away in a police cruiser. I didn't mean to do it." I explained. "Alex, a B- is not an acceptable grade, what Ivy League college is going to take you with a B-?" Mom asked. "You see, Carson never got a anything less than an A+." My mom said. "See! There you go again!" I cried. "You are always comparing me to Carson." I yelled standing up. "We are two completely different people, I am not Carson!" I yelled, running up to my room. I opened my white door, and entered into my room, my oasis, my heaven. The walls were a deep grey, and against the far wall was my queen bed, clothed in my light grey comforter and pillows. I plugged my phone into my plug by my nightstand. I grabbed some pajamas out of my dresser drawer and went to my bathroom to clean up. I took off all my make up, and brushed through my hair and French braided it. Then, I jumped into bed and fell asleep.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HEY YOU GUYS! I JUST PUT UP TWO CHAPTERS IN 24 HOURS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. ANYWAY...I hope you enjoyed this chapter, thanks for reading! Bye.