Just The Beginning

Kat's POV:
     It's been a few weeks since we got back from Shiganshina. Everyone was relaxing because we never get called out to battle anymore. It's like the titans stopped.

"Hey. Hey Kat!" I loose my train of thought and saw Anders looking down at me.

"Oh, hi." I say laying my head on the table. He sighs and sits in the chair next to me.

"Are you alright? You seem down." He said looking at me worryingly. I shake my head, "Ever since we got back, its been to quiet, like they stopped attacking."

"Yeah, well that's that and we can't do anything about it. But you know that tonight we have a party, hosted by the king himself, to welcome Cassie home?" He asks. I nod, "how could I forget one of my best friend's party." He nods and left the mess hall. I look outside and it was late afternoon. I get up and just roamed the halls.

"Ouch!" I bumped into Levi and saw that he was all dressed up. I smirk, "I see that your excited to go." He sighs, "head out front, were leaving. You guys are getting ready there." I nod

Time Skip~ (because screw talking bout the wagon ride :P)

We stopped in front of the castle. The king and queen were standing in front with Cassie. She runs over to us just as we hop out. She engulfs is in a giant hug.

"Oh how I missed you guys in the past few weeks!" She cried. I laughed, "it's alright, no need to cry." She leads us to rooms so we can get changed. Just as I finished changing, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I yell. Anders peeks through and then walks in. "You ready to go?" He asks. I nod and headed towards the party. It was held in a giant room filled with chandeliers and tables.

"Genshi! Let me see your notes on titans!" Yelled Hange in the background. I went to go talk to Cassie and Emma.

"These shoes are the death of me." I complained. They laughed, "I guess your not used to dressing up like this." Replied Emma. I nodded, "I don't remember the last time I ever wore a dress." Corah walked over in a full tuxedo, "Hey Guys." I sighed, "that's smart."

"Alright everyone! I'd like to make a toast, to our daughter Cassie! For finally coming home!" Yelled the king holding up a glass. "To Cassie!" Yelled everyone. I walked out onto the balcony.

"Why are you out here?" I turned around and saw Anders. I sighed, "I can't deal with all the drunk people in there, especially the strong smell of booze." He nodded.

"So, why are you out here?" I asked suspiciously. He turned red, "w-well I was looking f-for you." I blushed, "and why were you looking-" he kissed me. I stood there in shock. He broke away and laughed, "sorry I had to do that before I was to afraid to." I didn't answer, I just stood still.

"Y-yeah o-ok." I replied stuttering. He looked out into the town, "Do you think that battle, was our last?"

I come out of my shock and looked out with him, "No, I think it was just the beginning."

~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed the story! I'll be writing the new book soon. But until then, either enjoy my other stories or wait in agony until I make the next book! Anyways, Chow!

                                                  ~Toothless