| t h i r t y • t w o |

two weeks prior, jimin had texted yoongi with some of the best news possible. they had a chance to meet sooner than expected, thanks to taehyung and jeongguk. and in those two weeks, they were both ecstatic about meeting face to face. it could be the official start of whatever they hoped they were going to be or the end of what they've already started.

"are you guys here yet?" anxiously, yoongi paced on his end of the line, phone pressed firmly against his ear.

"no, be patient," jimin giggled, his laughter ringing with an edge of nervousness through yoongi's speaker.

bouncing on his heels, yoongi chewed his top lip over and over. he stood in a fairly crowded train station, awaiting jimin's train. they'd finally be meeting after all these months!

the two chatted about for a while with taehyung and jeongguk whispering in the background until jimin abruptly said he needed to hang up.

"why?" yoongi whined, but the line already went dead.

"train carts a-12 and b-7 from busan will be arriving shortly in daegu. estimated time of arrival should be seven minutes," a voice crackled from the speakers hidden in corners of the station, and on an electronic sign blinked:

busan → daegu
eta: 5-7 minutes

he'd be lying if he said he didn't choke on his spit.

"oh god, oh god, oh my fucking god," yoongi murmured, "he's almost here, oh shit."

with the next five or so minutes flying by all too quickly for yoongi, he busied himself with checking his reflection and chewing on breath mints. it was only after his third mint that he heard an incredibly familiar voice.

"min yoongi!" across the station waved park jimin, his eyes crinkling into the most beautiful smile yoongi has ever lied eyes on. yoongi, too, split into a grin, feet stumbling as he half jogged half walked to the man.

"park jiminnie," yoongi laughs as he takes the other in his arms.

warmth. that's all he could feel despite the cold weather biting his cheeks to cherry colors. jimin gave him warmth.

as for jimin, his heart couldn't take it he had no idea that yoongi would straight up hug him as soon as they met, but alas. jimin wrapped his arms around yoongi, not wanting it to be awkward. which – by the way – it was not.

"holy fuck i can't believe i'm hugging you right now," jimin laughed into yoongi's neck, the warmth chasing away the cold. they pulled away, only for jimin to take his hand and lead them to the two other men who "just so happened to be there".

"it's awesome to meet you, yoongi-hyung," jeongguk smiled and took his free hand, shaking and bowing politely. taehyung did the same, and the level of taehyung's voice shocked yoongi.

"how old are you again?" yoongi cocked an eyebrow at him.

"twenty-two." yoongi made a surprised face, the man sounded in his late twenties.

the four made their way out of the station, and decided to already part ways for the next few days. after a meal of course.

they went to mcdonald's the fatty foods spread out before them like a feast. they all got to know each other and joked about yoongi and jimin's budding relationship. those two did return the jokes with more about the actual couple. eventually, after joking and having a good time, the time did come for the couples to go their own ways.

"i'm hungry," jimin groaned, rubbing a hand over his stomach. the problem was that it was nearly midnight, and yoongi was losing energy fast. the two had just spent the past several hours watching disney movies on behalf of jimin's request (yoongi couldn't resist the look on the other's face when he mentioned he had pocahontas on vhs). but by now the move was forgotten due to the rumbling of both their abdomens and the quiet chatter between them.

"i have cereal i think," pointing to the cupboards, yoongi turned the tv off, the noise growing annoying as the two bonded over a multitude of musical artists.

"i want strawberry milk," the younger sighed.

"let's go shopping then," yoongi got up, grabbing their jackets and taking jimin by the hand. if jimin wanted strawberry milk, then damn, he was going to get his strawberry milk.

softsoftsoftsoft so ft so f ts oft

soft.
self promo: ghost | tk