Chapter 3....The Attack

CHAPTER 3

I sprinted towards the front door. I yelled out for my mom and after no replies, I needed to get out of there. I swung the front door open, and little did I know a tall muscular man was standing in front of me, dressed in all black. His face was covered by a ski mask, and my heart sank into my chest as I looked behind him...

There was a white van. I stood speachless... I knew that the man could see the look that crossed my face, fear.
I reacted, caught him off guard. I lunged at him attempting to knock him down. not successful, so he extended his arm and grabbed mine. He picked me up off the ground as I started to kick, and struggle. I tried to get away, but it was no use.
"I need some help over here!" The tall man said as he continued to try to subdue me. The man began to make his way over towards the van with me in his arms. my heart started pounding, and my mind couldn't focus on what was happening.
The other man I saw in the living room earlier, ran out with a big black trash bags filled with what I assumed was valuables.. This is a robbery...my house, and I was in the middle of it.

There was three of them! Another man who was already in the vehicle slid the door open. The short man threw the trash bag into the van. He was almost to the van with me.
then instantly my survival instincts took over, I took a deep breath in, and kicked the big man in the ribs. He didn't let go, so I bit his arm as hard as I could. He let out a scream, as he had let me go. I sprinted as fast as I could to my friend's house, the men got back into the vehicle and sped off. I looked at the van while it passed me.

"THIS WON'T BE THE LAST
   TIME I SEE YOU HOLLY!"

the man yelled out the window. I started to cry, and I unfortunately could not see their license plate on the van, but I did however catch a glimpse of a tattoo on the attempted kidnapper's right arm, why did it look so familiar...

I got to Sasha's house, and banged on the front door. It was so early that the sun wasn't even up yet.
"Is anyone home? Please, I need help!" I yelled.
The door opened, and it was Sasha's parents.
"What are you doing here this late at night Holly?" They sounded a little irritated.          "Please, I was almost kidnapped, I don't know where my mom is at. She's gone and we were robbed!" I rambled on, and on, not realizing that it was almost 4am. Sasha's parents let me inside, and made me some coffee.

An hour passed by, and I had just finished telling Sasha's parents everything I could remember. Sasha's father is a police officer, and Sasha's mom is a Lawyer. After everything I had told them, they just kept throwing questions at me, almost like they were interrogating me. I felt as if maybe they didn't believe me but one question after another, made me upset. I wish this had never happened...