Chapter One

I sat in the back of the Impala, stretching my long legs along the cushiony seat. The vast countryside of southern Illinois rolled outside my window. I groaned and shifted the position of my laptop on my lap. I heard Sam chuckle from the front seat.

"What's so funny?" I asked. He looked up in the rear view mirror and shook his head.

"Seriously, what?" I asked again, "I could always tell Dean that you spilled beer on his precious car if you don't tell me, so I strongly suggest you do." I play a dirty game. "Your so innocent," he responded, looking at me through the mirror.

"Am NOT!"

"Are to!"

"If I am, then give me a reason."

"We hunt fricken demons, and you care about wither or not people will like you at your new school or not, wither or not your computer is charged, and finally how many subscribers you have on YouTube." I rolled my eyes.

"I wish I had gone ahead with Dean an Cas."

"And you want to deal with the sexual tension going on there." Sam and I had made it our personal mission to get them together. We made them go ahead together a month before we came, to "gather information on the target", also hoping that they would fall in love with each other. A few days ago Sam had gotten a text from Dean saying that they were together. Mission Complete.

"Still..."

A couple of hours latter we arrived in Settleton, Illinois. We had been tracking a demon for over a month now, and this is were it had lead us, a small town in Illinois. We were going to be staying here for a few months, so as a group we had decided to rent a house here, to set up a temporary base camp. My job was to try and get close to the demon, by enrolling in the local middle school.

Sam and I pulled into the driveway of our new home, 1928 Northrail road. The small, colonial, two level house was perfect for our group of four. We got out, stretching our legs for what seemed to be the first time in forever. We got our suitcases out of the back, but left the weapons in the trunk, since Dean had already stocked the place with the help of other hunters. We walked up the rocky path with our suitcases bumping at our heals. I flung open the door to our new home and walked inside, calling out, "Dean, Cas, Sam and I are here." With no response, I got a little worried. I dug my gun out of my back pocket, Sam following in pursuit. We slowly inched down the hall, only to find the two passed out on the couch in the back of the house. Cas was asleep on Deans shoulder. There were still boxes all around the room, but somehow the two had managed to sleep. Well, at least Dean did. Cas was just probably closing his eyes and chosing to ignore us.

Sam and I let them be and went upstairs to claim our rooms, their were one out of the three rooms was already occupied by Dean. Since Cas didn't sleep, he spent most of his time watching over Dean, which I find insanely creepy, but that's beside the point. I went to the right of the staircase to find the room that was to be mine. Built in bookshelves, a circular window seat in the right corner of the room, a four-poster bed, a big oak desk and its own bathroom. I guessed that Sam had already found a home in his room, so I claimed this one as my own. I went downstairs, only to find that Cas and Dean where awake and moving boxes about. I went up and hugged them both together. They both jumped, but soon realized it was me and hugged me back. When we finally let go of each other, Dean said, "I missed you and Sammy."

"I missed you too. Sam is just a pain in my ass."

"Well he is one in all of ours, but we still love him."

Cas shuffled his feet on the ground and looked down at them. I laughed and said, "Yes Cas, I did miss you to." He looked at me with his painstakingly blue eyes, smiled and said, "Yes, I have already assumed that." I rolled my eyes and hugged him again.

Later that day, after Dean, Sam, Cas and I had moved and unpacked the boxes of our stuff into our respective rooms, Dean made Cas and Sam go and get food for dinner, since he was "tired of Chinese food" and he wanted to talk to me. Truth be told, I was genuinely afraid of what this conversation was going to be about. He took me to the kitchen, looked me in the eye and said, "Are you ready?"

"Ready for what?" I asked.

"School." I rolled my eyes. Of course I was ready. Oh, who are we kidding I was at nervous as hell. What if nobody liked me? What if I didn't make friends? But I lied and said, "Yes Dean, of course I'm ready. I 'm in all advanced placement classes, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Dean I'm sure." Sure I WASN'T.

Thirty minutes later, Cas and Sam returned with our food. We sat in front of the T.V. eating soup, watching the news, scanning for anything that screamed DEMONIC (nothing did). An hour later, I went up to bed. Dean and Cas went to bed soon there after.

The next morning, while Sam was still sleeping, I got dressed to go to my first day of school. This was at least the 30th time I had been enrolled in a new school in the past few months. I pulled my mandatory Winchester utility jacket on and went down stairs to get breakfast. Nobody was awake yet, so I grabbed my backpack, phone and ear buds, left a note saying that I went to school and went out the bus stop. A couple of other girls waited there with me, but I didn't really talk to them. I just got on the bus and went.