Chapter Two

My first classes where nothing interesting, Science and Math. The P.E. Then drama. The first real thing that had happened was a guy who pushed me down the stairs. I fell on my face. The kid who had pushed me was wearing a jerky grin. I went up to him and almost punched him, when I felt a tap on my shoulder, then a grab on my wrist. A girl with blond hair pulled me away from him. I yelled, "Find me later, this is not over." She pulled me into the bathroom and turned me around.

"What were you thinking," she yelled.

"That jackass just pushed me down the stairs! What did you want me to do?"

"Walk away!"

"And not stand my ground? What does that make me? A coward?"

"Its better to be a coward and not hurt anyone, than not be one and hurt someone."

"That's not what I was taught. I need to stand up and do something! I need to have to do something and tell people that are bad. They deserve to have consequences, just like the rest of us."

"Well..." The girl seem like she was at a lose for words. I smirked and walked out of the bathroom. "Wait," she called, "where are you going to sit at lunch?" She was right. Where would I sit? I had no friends, and nobody looked very friendly. I turned around and looked at the girl. She looked back at me.

"Your right," I said. I looked down at my boots. I felt a tug on my sleeve. When I looked up the girl was there.

"Why don't you come sit with me and my friends," she said. The girl pulled my sleeve towards a table in the back of the lunchroom. There were two other girls sitting there. One had dark brown hair and was wearing a weird shawl thing, and the other had wildly curly hair and a fox sweater on. Both were laughing, but stopped when they saw me. I looked down. I didn't belong here. I wasn't here to make friends. My mission was to get in and get out. I tried to pull away from the girl but, she pulled my sleeve so I couldn't leave. The girl turned to the others.

"This is Maddie and Hannah. They are really nice. Oh... my name is Ellie."

Hannah, Maddie, and Ellie looked at me. I didn't know what to do. Ellie elbowed me in the ribcage and gave me a "look". I looked at all of them and said, "Um... hi. I'm Logan Winchester. I just moved here and your friend Ellie just stopped me from punching a guy in the face."