Pointe or strings

It's cold out. Sitting on a rock, my hands gently moved up and down the guitar strings. It's about 11:37 and I couldn't sleep. I know it's after curfew, but I needed some time to myself. I recently got accepted to the National Ballet Academy. Dancing is one of my favorite thigns to do, but I absolutely love playing music. Shivering, I decided to go back inside. Being as quiet as possibly, I slowly tip-toe my way up the wooden staircase back up to my room.

Cheerios or Fruit loops? I asked myself the next morning as I stared at the breakfast cupboard. Grabbing the Fruit Loops and milk, I head over to the table.

"Hey Amanda!."  My best friend Claire greets me. Me and Claire have been friends since we were young, but Claire's personality is alot livelier than mine. Sometimes, she randomly dies her hair these neon colors and it's almost blidning. Today, it was her normal brown with blonde hightlights.

"Hey girly." I greet her back, stiffling back a yawn.

"Jeez, you look tired." She said taking a bite of her bagel.

"Mmhmm." I said, looking out the window. My eyes fill with tears. I think I'm one part homesick, and the other part of me doesn't know if I wanna be a full-time dancer. After breakfast, Me and Claire head to class. As we tie up our pointe shoes and stretch, our teacher Mr.  Wayne walks in.

"Claire! Normal hair today I see?"  He chuckles. "To the barre!"  He says afterwards.  After our plie warm-ups,  We head to do chasse-torgete's in the center.

After class, me and Claire walk to the cafeteria.

"How's the song-writing coming? Any new tunes?" Claire questiones me. Claire knows about my guitar-playing, but no-one else does.

"It's coming along." I answer back, grabbing my tray. Just as I answer her a guy runs into her with his tray, and milk spills all over her.

"Ergh!!!" Claire mumbles, trying to dry her shirt.

"I'm super sorry! i'm just rushing."  The guy that ran into her answers back. "I'm Tom." he says, holding out his hand.

"I'm Claire." She says, shaking it angrily.

"Hey, I'll pay you back for it. Do you take classes here?" He questions. Obviously they don't see me, so I just stand there watching them.

"Yeah. Ballet and Modern. Do you?"

"No, I teach. But the next time I see you around I'll buy you a new shirt or something. Now I gotta go I'm late for a meeting and that's why i was rushing. Bye!" He says.

All during the rest of lunch Claire was quiet, but I could tell she liked him.